Ouch

After a bit more chatting, we all decided it was time to go to bed. My brothers and the other members from both gangs had eventually greeted the Romano's, and I was pleased to see that everyone seemed to be getting along quite nicely. Something about the little ones just reduced tension and brightened the whole place up.

                        Callahan was lit up like a Christmas tree, a dazzling smile adorning his face. His youngest sister was curled up in his arms fast asleep. There were several rooms upstairs that would work for his family, so they settled in easily. The house was so cozy! Children really do warm up the atmosphere.

                            After saying good night to the Romano's and reading the girls a bedtime story, I made my way sluggishly down the hall. So much had happened today! I really needed to sleep.

                            I opened my bedroom door, blindly fumbling around for a light switch.

                            Suddenly a hand grabbed mine in a crushing grip.

                             "Ow! Cal, you're hurting me!" I yelped before another hand slapped over my mouth, muffling my cries.

                              This man wasn't Cal. He wouldn't hurt me so. Who was this man? Men- I heard another figure at the window. I tried screaming for help again, but to no avail. Mustering up what little strength I had left, I bit deep into the unknown person's hand.

                               He swore viciously and then I felt a blow to the head. I dropped limp in his foreign arms and was out like a light.

•••
Hi!

Sorry to leave you hanging there! I'll try to update again as soon as I can.
Anyway, I just wanted to put it out there that if any of you are interested in adventure type stories or know anyone that is, I have some exciting news!
My older sister now has a Wattpad account (flynnteresting)  and has begun writing a story called Starke Academy.
If you're into adventure, great writing, and a strong female protagonist, check it out! I think it's pretty darn good so far.

Thanks!

-ky