vientiquatro

--
"Hoseok-Hyung, I want to make this work but I can't."

Jimin sighed, and rolled on to his stomach where he lay on the couch. He breathed what sounded to be an exhale of defeat, Hoseok raising an eyebrow and looking over in his direction as a response to it.

"What's troubling you now?" He asked, setting his phone down and walking over to the younger. "Is it about Jungkook?"

"Yes and no." Jimin mumbled into the pillow before sitting up once more so that he could face Hoseok. "Remember how I told you that I was going to find a new job?"

Hoseok nodded, a small frown tugging at his lips as he attempted to figure out what Jimin was getting at. "I don't think I can." The younger huffed, propping his head up on his hand.

"Why?" Hoseok questioned, "Didn't you and Jungkook agree to both look for something new?"

"We did." Jimin nodded, "But I was checking some things, and there's no way we're going to keep up on our rent here if I quit and work at the bakery instead." He paused, "And I don't really want to move either, because that just brings on problems of its own."

"Then what are you going to do?" The older of the two asked, raising an eyebrow at Jimin once more.

"Well..." Jimin mumbled, "I could either tell him as soon as possible, or not tell him at all." He didn't bother looking up, because he could already picture the look on Hoseok's face due to the last part of his sentence. "I know that I should go with the first option but-"

"Well I'm glad you have at least a bit of sense." Hoseok huffed, "I can't believe you were even thinking of hiding this from Jungkook, if he found out that you continued on with your job and didn't tell him... I don't think it would go well for you at all." The younger nodded, directing his gaze now to something playing on the TV in the background quietly. "If you want to keep up this relationship with him you have to be honest with him, just like how you expect him to be honest with you."

"I understand." Jimin replied, exhaling softly as he pushed himself up off of the couch and brushed off his jeans. "Might as well explain it to him now, the longer I keep it to myself, the worse."

Hoseok merely nodded, watching as his roommate slipped on his shoes and walked opened the front door. His phone was on his hands, thumbs typing out a message that was probably letting Jungkook know of his visit.

--

"It's so nice to see you."

Jungkook smiled, and immediately pulled Jimin into a quick hug. His kissed the older's forehead briefly before leaning away, the butterflies in his stomach taking flight as he listened to Jimin giggle. "What brings you here?"

Jungkook felt his stomach drop as soon as Jimin's facial expressions did the same thing. "Hyung? Are you alright?"

Jimin sighed softly, slipping his shoes off and reaching out to take hold of the younger's hand.

"It's just..." Jungkook watched as he seemed to be having trouble getting the words out, which only worried him further. "I need to talk to you about something."

The last time Jimin has said that the news wasn't all that bad, however now with the expression on his face, Jungkook let a frown tug his lips downwards.

"Of course, tell me anything." He responded, attempting to keep his nerves at bay as he lead Jimin to their living room. If the older saw how nervous he was, it would probably just make it harder to get the words out. "Yoongi-Hyung left not too long ago so I'm sure that you have lots of time."

Jimin nodded, mirroring the younger's actions when Jungkook sat down on the couch.

"Remember a few days ago when I told you that I was going to quit, and you said that you would too?" Jimin asked, Jungkook nodding in response.

"I was going to notify my manager later today - Why?" He asked, his boyfriend signing and looking down.

"I can't do it." He mumbled, immediately looking less tense as the words left his lips. "With both me and Hoseok-Hyung working at the bakery, both of our pay checks won't be enough to both pay rent and take care of ourselves.. I'm sorry."

Jimin refused to look in Jungkook's direction, hand still holding the younger's hand, but grip now tighter; as if he was afraid that Jungkook would leave.

"Hyung look at me." Jungkook's was soft and caring, but stern at the same time. It took Jimin a few seconds to obey his words, the look in his eyes nervous as he looks over at the younger. "There's no need to be sorry, I'm not mad at you."

He watched Jimin visibly relax, grip on his hand becoming gentler. "If quitting your job is going to cause trouble for you then it's not my right to ask you to do so. If you need to stay, then I won't be mad."

"Are you sure?" Jimin asked, "You could get jealous." A small smile began to grown on Jimin's lips, Jungkook rolling his eyes in response.

"If anyone gets jealous in this relationship it's you." He laughed, "But yeah, of course I will. I'm not really all that keen on somebody else touching my boyfriend." He paused, "So I've got a really good idea."

"What's your really good idea?" Jimin laughed, leaning into the couch cushions and raising an eyebrow.

"So actors can choose who they do and don't want to do a shoot with right?" Jungkook asked, the nodding.

"Of course." He replied.

"So if they only want to do shoots with one specific person then they can." He added. "Do you see what I'm getting at?"

Jimin nodded, smile widening.

"I do." He answered, "So we both get to keep our jobs, but only I get to touch you?"

Jungkook laughed softly, nodding as he leaned forward and pecked Jimin's lips.

"Correct. And only I get to touch you." He grinned, resting his hands on Jimin's hips and looking into the older's eyes. Jimin nodded, mirroring the smile on Jungkook's face.

"Sounds good to me."

--
a/n:

Hey so, me and my pal telefrancais have decided to start a writing contest for the winter. I know that a lot of you guys write as well and I'd love to get the opportunity to read your books, so it would be awesome if you'd join.

If you're interested, you can find it on my profile.

- Charlie :)