Chapter 4 - Bloody Hell

**I'm being overwhelmed with support and I'd just like to thank whoever has, or even whoever read this or any of my other stories before. I'm at a time where I'm also being stacked with AP reading and sometimes I need a break :D

So basically, here I am with yet another part to this. Unfortunately, it might take a couple days or maybe a few weeks 'til the next part:(

BUT.. I might actually get the other one out. I'm only writing this part so much earlier than I intended to because of the support as I said, so once again, thanks:)**

--

Zach touches his temple, and looks back at me, jaw and eyes wide open. He starts trembling.

"Zach, c'mon. We've got to keep going, man." I look behind us, the light of the tunnel almost gone. A ray of hope at the end of darkness.

Darkness.

The girl at the other end.

I grab Zach's shoulder, and head towards the cries, still loud as ever, piercing my ears.

I have no clue if we have enough resources for her, but we'll have to work through anything. A person's life is at risk.

"The girl, huh?" Zach looks at me and shakes his head. "We need to get to Carly and Loren until they also freak out. They do not know what we do." He raises his eyebrow, as if knowing he is right.

Carly and Loren are our friends. That girl is not.

Friends before strangers. Even if you only knew them for less than a day.

--

As soon as Zach and I get back to our camp, what I see is actual, well, disgusting.

"Oh. My. God." Zach looks at Loren, who is consequently making out with a boy.

Loren looks at us in shock. "You didn't think we died, right?" I glare at her, who as well as me and Zach, is bleeding from her temples.

The guy she was making out with looks at her, who suddenly grew a guilty look on her face. "What's that, darling?" He says in a British accent.

It's quite a nice accent. Perhaps Loren was into British guys?

"Loren," I don't see Carly, so I would immediately think she might not be too far away, but who knows in this world. "Where's Carly?"

Her eyes start watering. The guy puts his arm around her shoulders. "Loren, it's quite alright, darling." She looks up at him, and melts into his chest. "I'll tell them, if you would like, darling?" She nods her head.

The guy looks up and makes eye contact with me, and to Zach. "I'm Kellin, by the way."

I roll my eyes.

Zach cracks his knuckles. "Look, mate," I snort through my nose, which makes all three of them to look at me. "We aren't exactly goody goody as you all might be in Hogwarts land, or what not."

"Excuse me?" His British accent even makes me cringe. "Anyways, basically the other girl Cahly,"

"Pronounce the r you numbskull." I chuckle at the immaturity of Zach.

All the brit did was roll his eyes. "She's dead."

It's as if Zach was a bowling ball. He fell to the ground.

"Just kidding." Kellin basically triggered Zach's anger. I guess hearing your crush for the day is dead, would make you a rotting cockroach.

Zach's fists went back to just being by his side. "Well, you bloody idiot better tell me where she is, or you're gonna get these fists," He put his hands out, tightly with a fist. "In your nice, little face."

Kellin pouted. "Fine."

Carly is not here, so where is she?

Loren looked at us. "We found something out about whoever runs this game. They watch our every move, but not like in The Hunger Games."

"So... what does that have to do with Carly?"

"They took her." This time, Kellin spoke up. "We were," he coughed, with a smirk on his face. "You know, kissing."

"Get to the point idiot." I roll my eyes.

"Hey, it's part of the explanation." He lets out a loud laugh at my face. "I cannot, you are hilarious, mister Eddie." Seeing my facial expression he adds, "Loren told me you guys were mates. Anyways, I heard a small zap, and we spread apart. I then turned my head, and saw Carly being dragged away."

"Did you see who took her?" Zach asks.

Loren clears her throat. "Listen, we have no clue except for that." I raise my eyebrow. "Sorry, I've had a frog in my throat since I came in here."

Her and Kellin's temples were scarred, and I felt my own becoming less, well, wet.

I stepped forward to Kellin. "Listen, man. They dragged her over there," I pointed to a small doorway. "So, we got to head out there and find her."

Zach places his hand on my shoulder. "And kill whoever is in our way."

Kellin smiles, and picks up Loren by her hips. "Let's go then, shall we mates?"