Acceptance

KB's POV

It was Halloween and Jenny's first day at her new job. I was so grateful to Zion for helping us out. That's my girl for real. I'mma have to make this official soon. She just gotta be receptive to what's about to go down. I walked across the street in my hoodie, so that I wouldn't draw too much attention to myself. I had flowers delivered to the office. And I know she hates them so I only sent a dozen red roses to make her desk look nice. I ordered her favorite food chicken and broccoli and had it sent to her for her lunch. I had Jenny give her a giant stuffed elephant with a card that said trick or treat from your favorite with a few gift cards attached. I was on the elevator waiting for the door to close when this tall black guy got on with me. We acknowledge each other with a nod.

"Wassup man. Where you headed?" He noticed that we were headed to the same floor. I guess I looked questionable to him since I had on my dark blue hoodie. Some people are recognizing me more as KB, the up and coming artist but not everyone. I have my first upcoming performance with an award show next year, so I'm sure I'll get more acknowledgements with that.

"What you security or something?" I sized him up. Why it matter where I am heading I ain't gonna kill nobody.

"No but I am apart of management around here and I just want to make sure we have the right people in the building." He mugged me back.

"Well then you should consider putting in some kind of gates or something instead of harassing the only other black man you seen in the building. You ain't the police man so get off my back." The elevator door opened to reveal Zion looking good as fuck in a yellow dress that I bought for her this past weekend. She glanced at me quickly then looked at the other guy in the elevator and spoke to him. The fuck?

"Walter, I have the paperwork you asked for on your desk. I also cc'd you in the emails that I sent out to the new clients." Walter and I stepped out of the elevator; he placed a hand on her waist and began speaking to her.

So this was Walter. I knew I got a bad vibe from him. All up in my shit like he was someone, I knew about Walter from what AJ told me. Zion has yet to tell me that she went on a date with this man. I was waiting for her to tell me what was going on. Instead of going off based on what AJ told me, which was just hearsay. But from the way he is all up in her face now, AJ wasn't hearing wrong.

The media loves to paint me as a thug, and I'm really not, I just don't appreciate bullshit like others do. I speak my mind with no hesitation, sometimes it makes me look soft other times I come off as a thug. I don't give a fuck I say what I want when I want, Fuck yo feelings. But this man being all up in my girls face is about to take me to a place that I know she doesn't want me to go to. Especially in her place of work. Walter had pulled her into his office and closed the doors after giving me the dirtiest look. I'm just leaning on her cubicle looking at them through the blinds. The moment that those blinds close, I'mma lose my cool.

When she finally came out she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck bringing me down for a kiss. It was a simple kiss but we still got our point across to Walter. I smirked at him through the blinds. He rolled his eyes and turned to his desk.

"Stop being petty, babe." She placed her fingers under my chin and brought my attention to her, placing a few more kisses on my lips.

"Is this really professional? Not that I'm complaining or anything." I slid my arms around her hips resting my hands on the small of her back. She rested her chin on my chest.

"No but it's the end of the day and everyone is trying to get up out of here, and I knew that if I didn't claim you in front of Walter you would start some shit." I smiled down at her.

"You know me so well." I pressed my lips to hers again. "Aye, I got you something though." I pulled the jewelry box out of my jeans pocket.

"Alexander Anthony Jelani Palmer. No more. You have done enough. I cannot and I will not take anything else from you. Just cause you got your first real check from AG does not mean you spend it on me. I thought you were looking to buy a house. Save up for that." I laughed at her pouting face.

"Damn you pulled the whole full name out. Wow, well you still gonna take this cause I can't take it back. And I can afford all this shit times ten now. And I am saving money don't worry I'm thinking about our future. So just open it." I bought her a promise ring. I know people don't really do it anymore so I wanted it to be special. Instead of a regular ring I got us two class rings from her Alma Mater Howard University. The one I wear is actually the year she graduated, and the one she will wear is the year I will graduate. I had to pull a couple of strings to get them to customize it for a few years but that wasn't too hard.

"Why does it say 2020?" She looked at the ring curiously.

"It's a promise ring and thanks to your encouragement. I have been accepted into an online music production program at HU." Her eyes widened.

"Are you serious baby?" I nodded; she squealed and jumped on me. She peppered my face with her kisses. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her waist holding her against me. "I'm so happy for you. Oh my gosh, why didn't you tell me you were applying! I'm so proud of you, out here doing what you said you would." She kept kissing me, which was becoming a problem for not only the few co-workers left but me and my friend down stairs. He hasn't seen any action since we met Zion, and it was gonna stay that way.

"Lets go to the drive in and watch some scary movies they got playing." She pouted at my suggestion.

"No, I don't like being scared. And you think its funny." I laughed at her and she mugged me pulling away from me to gather her things so we could leave.

"It's not funny. I just like seeing something shut you up for once." She punched me in his chest.

"Asshole."

KB's POV for once. Idk how I did cause I'm not a guy and I don't know if they actually think like that. But whatever. I hope you guys enjoy.

I do need some help though you guys. I enjoy writing about these two and everything is going well. But I feel like they need some drama. Not too much but just enough. Now I already have an idea for how I want to end the book. But I need a little something to keep it interesting. 

I would be so happy if you guys could give me some suggestions and we can have a brainstorming party in the comments. 

Antywayssss:

Comments, Suggestions, and Constructive Criticism is always welcome!!!

Until next time 😘😘😘