54 -3x10

When she got home the night of the dance, Damon had hugged Eira tightly. He was glad she was alright.

It had been seven days without Klaus. Seven long days. Seven miserable days. Seven torturous days. Seven no-Klaus days and she hated it. Of course, everyone else loved it but Eira was in a mood as the weather around Mystic Falls was dreary and cloudy.

Eira had found out that Elena daggered Rebekah and she was mad. Rebekah didn't do anything to any of them, she didn't deserve that. Eira had called Klaus many times but he didn't answer so she stopped calling.

Eira was sad. A terrible, blinding sadness had taken a hold of her heart and she didn't know how to get out of it. She got lectured over the course of the seven days about how whatever feelings she had for Klaus were wrong. That lecture was made by Caroline.

"I saw you at the dance together and Elena told us about your phone calls to Klaus," Caroline said as they were cleaning up the homecoming dance that was supposed to be at the high school.

"Does everyone know about that?" Eira asked.

"Yes, but that's beside the point," Caroline started. "Why are you talking to the enemy?"

"He's not my enemy, Caroline," Eira disagreed.

Caroline had a look of realization on her face,"Oh my god. You like him."

"Yeah, I like him. He's nice, what's wrong with that?" Eira stated.

"No, I mean you like, like him. As in you have romantic feelings for him," Caroline clarified.

"What? No," Eira denied, not even sure what she felt.

That conversation was on the first day after the homecoming dance. Eira had time to think after that and she still didn't know what she felt. She had never liked anybody like she did with Klaus. It was easy and Eira walked into caring about him, blindingly. Eira just didn't know how much she cared for him as she had never experienced 'romantic feelings' as Caroline described. Everything was new to her.

Stefan was gone. Eira didn't know where he went and she missed him as well. Eira called him many times and she kept calling him but there was no answer, ever. If there was anyone Eira needed the most, it would be her twin brother. Damon was angry at him but Eira couldn't be, not for stopping Damon from killing Klaus. Eira was glad that Stefan stopped it because she doesn't know how she would've dealt with Klaus's death.

It was now the eighth day and the weather of Mystic Falls was still cloudy and dreary, it drizzled rain in some spots. Damon went to The Grill while Eira stayed at home. She didn't feel like going anywhere unless Caroline demanded her to or she went to school but it was a Sunday.

There was a knock on the door of the Salvatore house and Eira went to answer the door. She opened the door and her eyes widened at who she saw. Her heart fluttered and the pit of her stomach felt like their were somersaults.

It was Klaus.

Eira jumped at him and wrapped her arms around his torso, resting her head against his chest. A smile grew on her face and the weather in Mystic Falls became sunny and there were only a few clouds. Klaus was surprised by her hug but he rested his chin atop her head and wrapped his arms around her.

"I thought you left and you were gone. You scared me," Eira looked up at him as she pulled away, which Klaus wished she didn't so he could've held her a little longer.

"That wasn't my intention," Klaus rested a hand against her cheek.

"What kept you away?" Eira asked.