t w e n t y

|Twenty|

|Twenty|

Silence.

And then - I felt it.

The pain. It was excruciating- it felt as if someone had taken a dagger to my heart and had ruthlessly sawed a piece off.

I was bleeding inside from the wound. It felt raw and infected, blistered and bruised. Unfiltered pain.

How?

How had I let Lucifer take yet another piece of my heart with his unforgiving hands?

When was I finally going to realise that Lucifer was never going to give me any 'special treatment' because the Fates wiped our memories on the same day?

I was nothing but a mere game to Lucifer. He didn't care about the consequences of his actions despite sometimes acting sweet. The same pattern was occurring: Lucifer's sweet, Lucifer's heartless. The same vicious cycle repeated over and over again.

As more time passed, the more I could see how Raphael had been right about Lucifer. He was always playing the game! He never stopped - even when you thought you had won the point, Lucifer pulled out a wild card and won instead.

My legs lost the will to stand; I fell to the floor with a heartbreaking thud. The pain travelled further, shot like water from a hose, moving down my veins and dissipating evenly around my body.

I felt drained.

"Lucifer?"

My voice cracked. The tears were there, the pain enveloping me like an unwanted hug. I raised a weak arm to the mirror of the portal and came down onto the cold glass.

He had done it. He had cast me out of the Underworld. All because his ex-girlfriend had shown up and threatened to kill me. What did Lilith have over Lucifer that caused him to respond like this? That caused him to break my heart further?

"Lucifer?" I tried again, resting my forehead against the glass. "Lucifer. I don't know if you can hear me but... please don't lock me out. Whatever Lilith has planned, we can overcome it- together.

It was then, in that precise second - that I realised the reason as to why Lucifer's actions caused so much pain.

It was too soon. But I couldn't help it.