Chapter 1: Meeting Jesse

No one's Pov:

The ship started to set sail on the ocean, it won't return until the end of the summer. Petra and Lukas watched as the ship departed, they weren't to happy. They didn't felt like having fun, they finally removed their eyes from the shrinking city and into Axel and Olivia. 

They were both on their swim gear and they were enjoying the sun rays touch their bodies. Axel had his sun glasses and Olivia was reading a book. Petra was not in the mood to relax or have fun right now. So she just decided to hide in her room for the rest of the day. And perhaps maybe the rest of the summer.

"If you guys need me, i'll be in my room." Said Petra as she walked down near the pool, she wasn't paying attention to her front. On her front, Jesse was walking to the Lifeguard's chair and noticed Petra. He noticed that she looked down and he felt that something was wrong.

"Wonder what's wrong with her..."

Jesse and Petra kept on getting closer and closer and they haven't been paying attention. Until at last, Petra and Jesse bumped into each other. They both locked at each other's eyes, Petra and Jesse were widen eyes as their stared at each other. Petra finally reacted when she slowly walked backwards. Sadly, for her, she didn't noticed that she was near the pool. Because of that, Petra slipped and yelped as she fell in the pool. Petra swam to the surface and was annoyed that she fell in without proper swimming gear.

"That was embarrassing, especially since i'm not wearing my swim suit!"

Petra saw the mysterious stranger held out his hand to help her out. He had his eyes half close and had a goofy smile. Petra felt her heart skip a beat before she took his hand. Jesse helped Petra out of the water. He looked like a life guard, was he one?

"Hey there, you need to be careful on where you walk." Jesse laughed.

"Heh...yeah. Thanks for helping me." Said Petra shyly as a pink blush creeped up her face and she scratched the back of her head.

Jesse stopped laughing and looked at her with a smiled.

"It's no problem. My name is Jesse, yours?" Jesse asked kindly as he held out his hand.

"Petra, nice to meet you." replied Petra as she took Jesse's hand and shook it.

Petra saw Jesse turn around and saw him stare at a beautiful black raven girl who wore similar clothes as him.

"Hey Jessica!" Jesse yelled and made the girl look at him.

"Mind covering my shift? Great! Thank you!"

The girl started screaming with rage as Jesse scratched the back of his head with a nervous look.

"Uh..."

"Never mind that, so what's up with you? I saw you down earlier."

Petra frowned and looked away from Jesse.

"I was just thinking about what happened last week."

"Oh? Mind if you tell me?"

Petra sighed as she looked at him again.

"My boyfriend cheated on me with my brother's girlfriend."

"Harsh...i'm sorry..."

"It's fine, things happen."

Jesse smiled at her as Petra began to feel a warm feeling.

"Hey uh, so are you a lifeguard right?" ask Petra.

"Yes I am." Jesse answered coolly.

"That must be awesome."

Jesse shook his head and looked at the sky with boredom taking over his face. face, in which got Petra confused.

"Nah, it's nothing really special." He spoke calmly.

"Oh?"

"It's just me sitting on the heat and watching for other's safety. You'll get bored easily if you got the job. But I like my other job though."

Petra looked at him confused when he turned to face her.

"Other job?"

"I'm a DJ at the dance room"

"Wow! That's awesome!"

"Totally is, you should come sometime. Anyway, i'll go take my shift now. Other wise i'll get in major trouble with my sister and the manager."

"Ok.... I'll guess ill see you around?"

"Definitely, because the way I see it, you're not having any fun." Said Jesse with a frown.

"Yeah, you could say that. My friends, Axel and Olivia brought me and my brother here to enjoy ourselves and forget everything that had happened the last couple of weeks. But it's not that enjoyable."

Jesse shook his head. "Petra, Petra , Petra. You got this all wrong. You're in a cruise, you're suppose to have fun! The ones that need to be bored are the staff like myself. We're wasting our summer just to get other people to enjoy themselves. And here I am, find a girl that doesn't seem to enjoy herself in the sun." Jesse said with his arms on his hips.

Petra sighed. "I know, but still...."

"Join me." Petra looked at him surprised.

"Huh?"

"I mean come join me sometime to help you. I'm going to let you enjoy yourself and i'm making sure you leave this ship with a giant smile on you're face."

Petra looked at him surprised, was he really going to do all that to her? Just to get her enjoy herself on this ship? Or was he just doing this to earn extra money? Either way, she wants to forget everything that happened and have fun while at it. She smiled weakly and nodded which caused the young life guard to smile.

"Good, I need to go now. I'll see you later Petra." With that, Jesse turned around and began to walk away while waving his hand on Petra while Petra waved back at him. She had never felt that happy. Maybe there is a chance for her to enjoy her summer after all.

"I guess this summer will be great~"