05:How can someone be so heartless?

Terrence

"Terrence,remember our vows!"Mira shouts over the phone,on the brink o tears. "Mira..."

"No."she sniffles. "Say them to me"she begs,sobbing.

We're at it again. She's asking me to say something that meant something a long time ago. She knows that I don't love her anymore but she still insists on doing this.

Just do it anyway. Your lawyer said your divorce papers will come through next week.

"I'll stay with you through the ups and downs,the storms and yes,through sickness and poor. I love you and I promise you a lifetime of joy. Through it all,love conquers."I say,half heartedly.

She breathes out a sigh of relief. "Those were the things you said to me two years ago. In front of all our family and friends. Do you really wanna throw it all away?"she asks,her voice barely above a whisper.

"Mira,I don't love you anymore! Please...I can't talk to you right now. What you did was unforgivable. And the sooner you realise that,the better it is for everyone"I say,hangin up immediately after that.

I switch my cellphone off and let out a deep sigh. My right hand goes over my shaven head and I look up at the sparkling chandelier.

I can't do this anymore. I have to end things with Mira. I don't deserve to live like this.

Flashback:

"Man,why have we never done this before?!"Inga asks me,as we walk back to my black Toyota Yaris. We managed to go through the day without being noticed by too many people.

The car is also for low key reasons. "I don't know"I sigh out. "Where did ya'll check in?"I ask him,driving on the main road.

"Sunset beach hotel."Inga responds,looking at his watch. "Ey man,you been lookin at your watch the whole day! What's the matter?!"I ask him,confused and a little amused.

"Nah. It's nothing"he shrugs it off. But I know it's a lie. He's probably worried about his wife. She doesn't know that he spent the day out today and not in "studio".

We finally pulled up to the hotel and Inga dapped me up and I was getting ready to pull away,when he asked me if I wanted to go in and have a drink before goin home.

The plan was to get a lil drunk and romantic then have some make up sex with Mira. We had a fight this morning. She told me she feels that I love my work more than her.

"Aight. ONE drink. I still gotta drive,remember that."I remind him. Inga laughs. "Man,I've known you for ten years! You're saying one drink but you gon leave drunk,I bet you!"he says,closing the door to my car while I park.

We both take the elevator,having a conversation about the attractive secretary downstairs,when we reach his hotel room door.

"Ey man,wait out here,in case there's a mess in there. Gimme five minutes to clean up"he says,suddenly looking worried. "Aight. Take your time"I say,pulling my phone out.

I send a text to Mira and it says she's received it,but not seen it. That's odd. She always responds. After a few minutes I holler at Inga. "Inga,man! Come on! You aight?"I ask him,peeking through the door.

I get inside anyway and when I open the door,I hear hushed voices.

It's probably him and his wife talking. As I get ready to leave the room,I call Mira again but I hear a phone ringing inside.

The hell is goin on here? Maybe it's coincidence. When I click decline,the ringing stops. I try her number again and the same ringtone starts playing.

By now,I've started wondering why Mira's phone is in Inga's hotel room.

I walk in on them talking and Mira tryna touch him up. I stand right at the doorway,not believing my eyes.

"I don't care that he's right outside! Take me! I want you inside me again,Inga! I couldn't sleep without you last night."Mira begs. Inga is just about to lean in and kiss her when I say:

"Well,is that so?"

I grab my cellphone and snap a picture of the two of them. "Inga,say goodbye to your music career and our friendship."I say,puttin my phone in my pocket.

"And Mira,say goodbye to our marriage."I say walking out the door. "Terrence! Wait!"she shouts.

"Don't-even-touch-me!"I shout,backing up like she's got a contagious disease.

"Terry...."she tried. "You've lost the right to call me Terry. I can't even look at you right now"I say,wiping a stray tear. My face is so hot right now.

She starts crying hysterically. "He was there,ok! And you're always shooting a movie or going out and you never make time for me!"she lies.

"That's the biggest lie I've ever heard. Last night I made love to you. You told me you loved me. And we-"I can't finish because my voice hitched mid-sentence.

"We made up. I thought we were good. But obviously I'm not enough for you,that's why you fuckin around with my best friend now."I say,walking away.

"I mean,look at you...dressed up in the same Victoria's Secret underwear set that I bought for you. You never did this for me,yet here you are,beggin my beets friend to take you"I say. Mira cries and says: "Baby,we can still try and fix this!"

"Terrence! Don't walk away from me please!"she shouts. Her voice is an echo inside my head as I drive to my old apartment downtown.

And the only thought that goes through my head is:

How can someone be so heartless?

*

*

*

*

*

A/n: I wanted to cry,after writing this. I hope you felt sad too,so I know I'm not over emotional. This chapter was just to fill you in on what happened,that ruined Terrence's marriage.

Mira and Terrence in the media.

Thanks for getting this book to over 300 reads. Let's try and get 400.👏

As usual,keep the votes and comments coming and share with fellow Taraji and Terrence fans❤️.

oakenoanlots888🍓

Xoxoxox