Our Hero Names And Costumes

Inspired by their classmates display of his costume, the Hero course students took to creating their own costumes and brainstorming their own Hero names like a bolt of lightning. Everyone had at least given it some thought in the past, how they wanted their Hero to look, what they wanted their name to be. Some wanted to go for the retro image, inspired by the senior Heroes gone past, whereas some set their sights on the future, wanting to look like warriors from space, and everything in-between.

Adrien, or Decay now, was their example, their figure that they needed to aim for, and it was difficult to deny the effect his costume had on him. Not only did he have the altruism of a Hero, he now had the appearance of one. The mostly black and grey costume gave Adrien an intimidating quality about him. Brutality in the name of peace was what this costume seemed to express. Heroism, at the end of the day, was a brutal lifestyle to live with, and if one could make a Villain cower and not even fight based solely on appearance, then it was a very acceptable method of doing ones job.

And even then, Adrien's costume was heavily practical. He's chosen each material and where it went with extreme care, making sure that not an inch of his person was wasted in the pursuit of creating the perfect costume that matched his powers.

When he was in his Hero costume, he needed to emphasise what he was good at. He knew that, and he'd applied all of this accordingly.

At least, that's what Marinette thought.

She was still impressed by the level of thought that went into his outfit, watching as he brushed his waistline cape to the side of his legs a bit, allowing it to wrap around his metal armoured limb, hiding said rustic silver armour with the dark grey that was his waist cape. Adrien had a better eye for design than she thought.

Marinette was probably the best person to talk to when it came to Designing a costume, since she fully understood how all of the process worked. Costumes were a personal thing, something that helped craft your identity as a Hero, so asking someone else to do the entire Design was just unthinkable to many, which was why classes dedicated to this were even a thing. The Designs would be taken in by the end of the lesson, and would then proceed to be sent to students in the Design course. They would then be tasked with creating, and making modifications, to the costume based on the Design and the information given to them about each student and their Traits. After being checked over by a professional, who would make any slight modifications they felt were necessary, they would then be sent back to the Hero course students as fully completed costumes. Modifications would be allowed at any given time, but could take up to several weeks to complete, meaning that each student needed to make the Designs are clear and functional as possible, to avoid having to do so. Not having a costume would put someone at a disadvantage for when they needed it.

Beside her, Alya was sketching a bunch of different ideas down for her Hero costume, most of them involving some sort of black jumpsuit, with slots available around her wrists for whatever reason. Given the functionality of her Broadband Trait, Marinette would assume her costume would be rather high-tech, giving her an advantage whenever she wound up in combat.

Indeed, everyone in the room was sketching and discussing various ideas for Hero names and costumes, throwing suggestions back and forth, and thinking up ways to boost their powers with their costumes.

Kim had asked their teachers about the possibility of some sort of storage tank that could absorb and unleash a huge level of lava upon an opponent, or perhaps a device that could extend the range he had with his Trait. He was one of the students who had wanted to focus on the combat aspect of his superpowers, enhancing his strengths while limiting his weaknesses.