Chapter 32

I fiddled with the hem of my soft grey sweater trying to make it rest properly, sighing at myself in the mirror. I hadn't realized there were holes on the shoulders while purchasing it, but there was nothing I could do now. I'd never been ashamed of my lack of dating history, dating hadn't appealed to me, not given the choice of potential partners, but now I cursed myself for it. Perhaps if I had dated I'd know what to do today. Alaricus had spoken to me after I'd escorted the heavily pregnant Victoria back to her room safely. She'd spent the night with me as Frank was being punished for laughing at her eating habits.

The poor man had sulked around all day throwing puppy like forlorn glances at his beautiful fuming wife every time he ran into us. Poor Frank had only chuckled at her as she'd dipped pickles into peanut butter, asking how she could even eat such a thing and so much of it. Victoria as sweet as she was, had a very short fuse, and her pregnancy hormonal imbalance was not helping her quick temper. Only after begging had Frank convinced his wife to come back to their room, grovelling levels that I didn't think possible were involved. As I'd made my way back to my room Alaricus had intercepted. I was so tired after chatting with Victoria all last night I'd quite near walked right into him, and sadly if I had, I also probably would have walked over him.

A small smile had been on his face as he'd gazed down at me, his face the very picture of ease, but his eyes, his honey eyes spoke volumes. He was nervous, extremely excited and yet nervous, and it had the nerves building up in me too, why would a man like Alaricus be nervous? I'd grabbed his hand in mine wrapping my other atop of it, looking up at him waiting for him to speak.

"W-would you like to join me for-" a small croak left his chest and he faltered, his eyes widening as he covers his mouth frightened by his own noise. My brows furrow as I stare at him, before without my own consent I burst into giggles. I try to slap my hand over my mouth and for a moment I'm glad nobody was in that hallway, we looked insane, me with my hand over my face trying to suppress my giggles and the almighty werewolf with his eyes wide and gigantic hand on his own face staring at his much smaller mate, horrified.
"I've never made a sound like that before." Alaricus says and it only makes my giggles louder, his wide eyes crinkle sweetly as his own deep husky chuckle resonates throughout the hall.

"Would you like to go o-out with me t-tonight?" Alaricus asks and I smile at him nodding my head, my heart filling with warmth. My dad had always told me if a man is very smooth around you then he doesn't truly value you, if he did you would make him nervous he wouldn't deem himself worthy of you. If the guy stutters and is a bit of a mess, then he was definitely a keeper.

"I'll pick you up at 7 my love, feel free to dress casually." He'd said leaning down to press a kiss to my forehead before walking away.

I raked my fingers through my thick chocolate brown hair, trying to fix it as best as I could with my fingers. I had all necessities to do my hair besides the one probably most necessary, the skill to do so. At best I could straighten my hair, but I'd never liked straight hair on me, I'd thought it to be much too vanilla, always envying Marina for how great it looked on her, but she was absolutely stunning.

I didn't particularly know what casual was to Alaricus but I'd gone with a knitted sweater and jeans, but perhaps he'd meant a gown with no jewels. I would find out soon enough there was only 30 seconds to 7, and according to my parents if you were important to a man he'd show up on time, he'd never keep you waiting. Mind games were for fools and boys, a man in love treasures his partner and the time they could spend with them, not wanting to waste even a minute.

A knock sounded at 7 exactly, my heart beat increasing with each light rapt of his knuckles. I swallowed nervously grabbing my bag off the couch pulling on my black long coat, it reached just below mid thigh, and even unbuttoned was wonderfully warm. I made my way to open the door. Upon opening it I was met with the sight of Alaricus in a black sweater and black jeans, a black coat unbuttoned like mine lay atop broad shoulders, fitting his large form loosely.