5.

Lennen's cell phone ringing paused her train of thought as she typed the last few words of her of her five page essay for AP Literature. She knew it was going to be one of her friends calling her about Dorian's party, so she let it go to voicemail, allowing herself to polish her essay.

When the paper was polished to perfection, Lennen looked at her phone, immediately noticing that the call was not from one of her friends, but from Jonas. She and Jonas had exchanged numbers during APES yesterday, so they could get in touch with each other about their project. Lennen was confused as to why Jonas would be calling her today since they had ample time to work on their project. She unlocked her phone, calling Jonas back right away.

On the fourth ring, he picked up. "Hey."

"Hey, I was just calling you back. What's up?" Lennen was curious as to why he had called her, as he had no reason to. They two were hardly friends, despite the time they spent together last night, getting to know each other over dinner.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. I meant to call Leo, ask him if he was able to get his brother to buy us beer for Dorian's party tonight. Your name is right before his, my bad." Lie. He had texted Leo earlier, already knowing that his older brother got the beer last night. Jonas had heard that Lennen and her friends were going to be attending Dorian's party tonight, and he was curious if Lennen was actually going to be there. After their dinner last night, Lennen was the only thing that occupied Jonas' mind. He was stuck in her trance. He couldn't believe how much they had in common, and her smile was now permanently etched into his brain.

Lennen was a little bummed that the call actually wasn't meant for her, hoping that he had actually wanted to talk to her, but it was just a mistake. "Oh, don't worry about it. I've made that mistake before." Lie. Calling the wrong person on accident was one of Lennen's worst fears, so she was always super careful, wanting to make sure she had hit the right button. "I've got a ton of homework to finish up before my friends drag me to Dorian's party, so I should get back to it."

"Right, I'll let you go. See you at the party." Jonas hung up before Lennen was able to mutter out a single word. Both were happy to hear that the other would be at the party, yet nervous as they weren't sure how to act toward one another. Jonas was still in a relationship with Summer, though had been unhappy for a few months now.

In the middle of doing research for APES project, Lennen's door bursts open, and walking in are her three best friends. She wasn't even fazed, as this has happened too many times to count in the past six years of their friendship.

"Party starts in an hour and you're not dressed yet." She watched Sawyer walk into her closet, searching for something appropriate for Lennen to wear tonight. She looked at her friends with a hint of jealousy, as they all looked beyond stunning. Sawyer was dressed in a pair of her shortest shorts, making her long legs look even better, paired with a yellow, cropped tank top, and black sandals. Ellis had decided on a pair of blue mom jeans, a black bralette that stopped just half way down her rib cage, and a pair of converse high tops. Margo, going in a completely different route, wore a striped crop top under a pair of overall shorts and white vans.

"Put this on," Sawyer tells her, throwing the clothes onto the bed. Lennen smiles as she immediately spots her favorite shoes, her brown jesus sandals, also known as pali hawaiian sandals. With it is a pastel blue, v-neck dress, something Lennen hardly wore, but adored deeply. Sawyer had also pulled out a black choker as an accessory.

"If Jonas doesn't dump Summer for you tonight, then he will be making the biggest mistake of his life." Lennen rolled her eyes at Margo's comment, not wanting to talk about Jonas.

"They've been together forever; I really doubt he's going to dump her any time soon," Lennen responds. Even though Lennen had pictured herself being with Jonas in the past, she would never do anything to insinuate that. She would never break up a couple, it was a selfish thing to do. She really needed to find a way to get over her little crush on Jonas.