CHAPTER 26

We arrive at the airport an hour before our flight. Zaid got us checked in while I read a book. Once he is done, he comes and takes a seat next to me and focuses his attention on his phone.

I put my book down and look around. There weren't as many people as I thought there would be. A men sat across from us, his face hidden behind a newspaper.

Who reads newspapers anymore?

Few people were there, all doing their own stuff. A family of 4 was few rows away. A little baby fast asleep whom the mom was holding and a little girl about the age of 5. She was laughing at something her dad was whispering in her little tiny ears. A big smile formed and got even bigger by the second and she clapped happily. I watched the daughter and the father and joy filled my heart for the little girl. That she had her father to make her laugh. How happy they looked.

Then I felt the smile from my face disappear. The memory of my father flashed in my mind.

Oh no oh no, I can't get emotional right now.

I tried to look any where but at them. I turn to my left, just to come in contact with 2 dark brown eyes looking into mine. They were beautiful. I stare into them, trying to find anything that might distract me from those sad memories. It was not that hard because just in few seconds...i was lost.

Zaid did not move his eyes away from mine. They seemed cold, but even through that, I saw a hint of softness. I wonder why he always seemes guarded around me. If only he would look at me with a look of true sincere. But I guess I am not the rightful owner of it.

I bite lip without realizing it and look down at my hands, not able to hold my gaze anymore. His eyes were piercing through me, with what, I dont understand. Just then a voice announcement comes, telling all the passengers to get ready to board the plane.

He stands up quickly and runs his hand through his hair. I stand up also. Zaid walks ahead of me and I slowly follow.

I only have few more months with you.

I hope you find the one you can love, if not me. I wish you the best.

He looks back at me one last time.

1 hour later:

I fell asleep right when I hit the seat and finally opened my eyes few hours later.

Zaid was also a sleep. His arms were crossed above his chest and his breathing was calm. I watched his chest raise and fall and smiled to myself.

God I am a creep.

I laugh at myself and look out the window. It was a beautiful view. White clear clouds every where and the suns ray made it even more pleasing to look at. I took in the beauty for few more mins and then realised I need to go to the bathroom.

I get up and walk down the aisle to find the bathroom. As I walk past the seats, a men was headed my way. He was sitting only few seats away from us. I guessed he was going to go past so I made space for him to pass. The men wore a huge cowboy hat which covered his face a little. I smile at him and he slows down a little and nods at me. I watch as he passed and look up at the ceiling of the plane.

Nope, no sunlight here. I think to myself. My eyes fall on his shoes for some reason and my eyes caught a metal part of something. I ignore since I had to go really bad.

I was just about to head inside the bathroom when I froze in my spot. My eyes got wide. The memory of the men from the aquarium came back and the huge hat flashed right before my eyes and then the bright shiny part of a gun. Then BOOM! I heard a loud gun shot, I didn't take the time to think about whether it was just in my head or in real life because I blasted.

I ran as fast as I could back to where Zaid was. My heart was beating fast and only one thing was on my mind.

ZAID!

I got to our seats, just when I saw Zaid stand up and was rubbing his eyes. I reach him.

" areyouok? Areyoualright?whereisthemen?didhedoanything?iamsosorryiamsosorry..ishouldhaveneverleftyou...stupidmeiamsostupid,iamsosorry,areyouok?," I was talking so fast I didnt even know what I was saying. I was freaking out and breathing heavily.

"Hey..hey..calm down," Zaid says trying to calm me down, he cups my face in his hand. I was still looking around for the men but was nowhere to be seen.

"No you don't understand...he had a gun in his socks...i saw-"

"Shut up for once for God sake!," he says, a little louder this time. My voice gets caught in my throat to see him in front of me. I didn't even realize his hands were holding my face.

"Look at me," I look down and he forces my face to look up at him again . " look at me," he says again.
" I am alright, see?...i am standing right in front of you...there was no men and there was no gun," he states, his voice got very soft as he spoke to me, calming my heart down with every word.

"But-"

"Shh...i said I am ok...," he cuts me off. He looks into my eyes and my eyes start to water. Before I knew it, my arms where around his neck and my head sobed into his shoulder. His body tenses and then I can feel it calm down again.

I let go.

"Uh sorry...i I I thou-ght t-that," I couldn't speak. He nods and leads me to my seat and softly pushes me down on it.

"Wait here, I will get you something to drink,"

"No don't-"

"Don't worry...i will be fine..there is no danger here," I was still hesitant and was about to argue but then noded. He walks away.

I wipe my forehead which was sweating. I look around again just to make sure.

That's weird...where could have the men gone?...i am sure that was a gun, and the same hat.

ZAID S P.O.V

Seeing her face like that made my heart jump. The fear she had in her eyes were visible and the way she reacted knowing that my life could have been in danger.

Was it possible for someone to care about me that much in these short times we have known eachother?

I am angry at myself. Angry that I couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth.

No I can't tell her. We are only going to be married for only few more months and I know after that, my parents will do anything to part us. Yes they are the one who got us together in the first place and treat her nicely but those are all acts, only for the media. They will never see her as their daughter in law. All acts. I can't hurt her at the end.

*************
Alright! People,this is the best I can tonight but I tried. I hope you all enjoy and make sure to let me know...also I am working on another story which should be coming out soon...ik what you all might be thinking.."if she cant update one chapter atleast each month for one book then how can she keep up with two?"...and I don't blame you all...i am so freaking lazy but being lazy kinda helped me come up with another book idea😂😂😂😂 alls well it ends well...anywayyysss plz share, comment,vote and add my story to ur library if u really enjoy it and make sure to let me know because maybe then my lazy ass will actually hurry up on updating when I get inspiration . And again plz forgive me for the VERY LATE update and thanks again😊😊😊