Chapter 24.

"This fast life soon shatters, cause after all the lights & screams, nothing but my dreams matter." - Tupac.

*************************
Kay's POV -
         Tuesday, June 17.
                 At the hospital.

"Eat the shit Kailani & stop playin' wit me!" Life demands, shoving the food in my face. Again.

"No, I don't want it!" I whine for what felt like the hundredth time.

What's going on you wonder? I was still at the hospital, & I was supposed to get out today but the doctor said I couldn't leave until I ate the food. That's why Life was currently trying to force me to eat the nasty food.

"I'm not about to do dis today, either eat da damn food or stay ya ass in hea for anotha week"

"I don't want the food Life, you can't make me eat something I don't want!" I say, slightly raising my voice.

He was honestly getting on my nerves right now. But would I tell him that?

Heck no.

"Da fuck you raisin yo voice at girl?" He says, walking closer to me & stopping so that we were face to face.

"N-no one.. I just don't want this food." I mumble, scratching my head.

"you really pissin' me off." He mumbles, taking the food & throwing it in the trash. "Go get dressed man." He demands, walking out of the hospital room.

Shaking my head, I slowly get up out of the hospital bed & make my way into the connected bathroom.

Once I was done getting dressed, I quickly apply as much makeup needed to cover the bruises on my face, wincing sometimes when the makeup brush would touch a certain spot.

I barely have time to step foot out of the bathroom before Aubree's little body comes flying into mine

"Kayyyy I missed you!" She yells, squeezing my waist tightly causing me to wince at the pain.

"Bree calm yo ass down, let go Kay hurt right dea." Life says, pulling Bree off of me.

"Oh I sowwry Kay" she mumbles, putting her head down.

"No it's ok sweetie, you just can't be to rough.. I missed you too." I say, bending down to give her a quick hug.

"You ready?" Life asks, eyes never leaving his phone.

"Um yeah, I thought you said my dad was taking me home?" I ask.

"Nah, he went back to da house to get the shit cleaned & shit .. he asked me to take you home." He says, picking the bag with my clothes & things in it & walking to the door. "C'mon Bree" he says taking her hand & walking out.