Chapter Twenty Eight | Glory

_________________

Everything that I prayed for

God's gift, I wish I would've prayed more

God makes no mistakes, I made a few

Rough sledding here and there, but I made it through

I wreak havoc on the world

Get ready for part two

A younger, smarter faster me

Glory, yeah- Jay Z.
________________

A month later ..

Dolani

"How's life baby girl?" My mother, Essence Johnson, asked me as she sat across in a big booth at the restaurant Texas Roadhouse. It was a typical day and we'd decided to go out and just have a girls day away from all the guys for a hot minute. We'd already did a little shopping and got our nails and toes done, so now we were hungry and decided on lunch here at one of my favorite places. I thought on my mom's question as I skimmed through the menu. We'd be ordering soon and I had no idea what I wanted to eat yet.

"Life is life mom. I mean, everything has been going pretty good I guess since I got back into the swing of things. I hate being home schooled, it's boring, but I like being able to get up whenever so I guess that makes up for it. For the most part, I guess life is pretty good on my end." I shrugged my shoulders as I decided on an entree and closed the menu back shut. As she ate a roll, she gave a nod of her head in understanding before throwing another question at me.

"You ready to graduate from high school yet?" She continued while stuffing bread into her mouth, using the cinnamon butter every chance she got. The bread here had to be one of my absolute favorite parts of the whole restaurant, they had the best rolls, even better than Golden Corral.

"Yes! I'm ready to be done with high school for good so that I can move on with my life." I told her with undeniable excitement in my voice and this made her frown and stale face me from her side. I chuckled and gave her a confused expression in response. Before I knew it or had time to register what was happening, she had launched a piece of bread at me that I caught with ease and chuckled again at her. My mother, Essence was the Queen of all petty, I guess she was who I'd got it from along the ways of my seventeen year old life.

"Don't be too excited to graduate lil mama, it's a big world out there once you leave the nest Dolani. Ask Domani, he can tell you the stories if you don't know already." She said as I listened to her clearly. I knew that once I got out on my own, things would feel awkward for me for a while. Especially with the whole ordeal that I'm just now getting over plaguing my mind, I was actually scared to move out from my parents. I knew they would raise hell anyway, but at the end of the day the decision was mine to be made. I don't make the best ones when it comes to those, but its my life and it has been a learning experience for me.

"I know mom, I know. I'm not happy to leave y'all and move out of the house, but I'll be happy to be done with school. I have been there for majority of my life and I'm ready to be done with it. You just don't understand how much I hate it." I told her and she gave me that 'mhm, whatever' face before the waitress came back with our drinks. We took them and then ordered our food before indulging in more mother-daughter conversation.