038 | KUROO TETSUROU

one shot is titled— ADMIRE part 1edited as of 08/22/2020

one shot is titledADMIRE part 1
edited as of 08/22/2020

You hesitated to be in school. For all your life you've been home schooled due to your father's deadly work. You never knew what was his reason for suddenly enrolling you into a school.

Your head bobbed to the beat of the music. Walking towards the class you're assigned, you pulled the door open.

You took a seat somewhere in the back, resting your chin on your palms. Although the music was on maximum, you can still hear the scraping of the chair's feet beside you.

"Chotto."

You turned around, letting the headphone rest on your neck. Your eyes met brown as they stared at each other in silence.

"Uh..." The boy trailed off, rubbing the nape of his neck. "Are you the new student?"

You nodded awkwardly. You were used to communicate with only your father, his friends, and your teacher. You lacked interacting with others at your age. "Then," he smiled sheepishly, wearing his glasses and opened his textbook.

You blinked, watching him study. Your gaze averted to the textbook he was holding. It looked like he was reading a University level textbook.

You cocked an eyebrow before looking back outside the window, seeing the azure blue sky and cotton-like clouds.

"Kuroo-kun."

The bed-haid male turned around with a grin on his face after being called by his girlfriend.

"Sakira! It's nice to see you!" His face turned flustered, and his girlfriend giggled, fishing out a hair pin to sweep back his right fringe.

You watched from the distance, a book placed on your desk as you flipped random pages, not aware that you were gripping the page and crumpling the paper.

"(F/n)!" Yaku called out to you, snapping you out of your killing, or maybe possible jealous thoughts. "You're making the paper crumble."

You immediately let go of the paper and hid your hand under your desk. "Oh? Yaku-kun!" You beamed, although the libero could see through you like an open book.

"Are you okay?"

Are you really okay? You didn't know. "Yeah!" You hollered and tackled Yaku, headlocking him. "What made you ask that anyways?"

He struggled in your grip but managed to squeak out a couple of words. "Y-You look quite... distressed."

Laughing nervously, you removed your arms around his head and slapped your cheek. "Does this face looks distressed to you?" You asked him, pointing a finger at your face.

Yaku tilted his head, eyes squinting. He took a step closer to you, looking from your head to your feet.

"Yes. You're an open book, Missy." He shrugged nonchalantly before returning to his seat.

Clicking your tongue, you went back to your seat only to see Kuroo sitting beside you. Sparing a glance at Yaku, the libero winked and mouthed,

'Thank me later.'

You bobbed your head in reply and turned to look outside the window, seeing Kuroo's girlfriend on the other building with a boy beside her. You shrugged the thoughts away and closed your eyes, enjoying the peace of break time.

The Nekoma team lined up in front of their opponent Karasuno. You and Sakira were in the bleachers, cheering for Nekoma. Occasionally, Kuroo's girlfriend would take out her phone and text someone or receive a call and excused herself from you.

The bed head glanced up to see you on the bleachers, and wasn't able to find his girlfriend. He couldn't focus for the whole match but still, they won.

"Congratulations guys!" You beamed brightly, handing the whole team refreshments and towels. Taketora suddenly grabbed your wrist and dragged you to the side of Karasuno.

"Oi! Tanaka!"

The tall and semi-bald man turns around with a frown on his face. His eyes lowered to you, a bright look appearing on his face. But before Taketora could bring you to Tanaka, Kuroo blocked the way.

"Oi, Taketora. I've had enough of your shit today." The captain growled, leaning down. "Stop fooling around."

Taketora shivered under Kuroo's scoldings as his shoulders drops down in fear. "Yessir."

Kuroo runs a hand through his hair frustratingly and left the gym, without helping to clean, and without asking the coach to leave early.

"What's up with Kuroo-senpai?" Lev inquires, panting heavily with his hands on his waist.

"You don't need to know." Yaku heaves a deep sigh and turns to look at Lev. "Since Kuroo left, you'll be in charge of his cleaning duties today, alongside with your's."

His green eyes widened with his jaws dropped open.

• • •

For the past few days, Kuroo seemed to have calmed down and apologised to Taketora, saying that he just had a bad day.

Taketora quickly shrugs it off, saying that he was fine and didn't mind what he said.

Again, in breaktime, Kuroo reads a novel, wearing his glasses. You sometimes steals a few glances at the captain, seeing how bright his smile is.

"I love her." He suddenly mumbles, loud enough for you to hear.

"Um... pardon?"

"(F/n)." He removes his glasses. "Can you help me?"

It was against your inner mind to nod but your body already did so. "Of course, what is it?" A strained smile makes its way to your lips.

"I want to..." He fiddles with his thumbs, red coating his cheeks. "Pick a ring for her, you know? A promise ring?"

Your eyes brimmed with tears but Kuroo wasn't able to notice it. "Go... on."

"Help me pick the perfect one for her!" He stands up and clasps his hands around yours as he pleads.

"Of course. Everything for you."

"Sankyu!" He traps you in his arms as you saw his girlfriend on the other building, kissing their sensei.

Your eyes widens and when Kuroo pulls out of the hug, you wrapped your arms around him.

"Haha, you have to invite me to your wedding, alright?"

Kuroo responded with a laugh. "I will! And you will be my best man... although you're a girl."

You thought that it's the least you could do as the girl who admired her seatmate.

• • •

👌🏻