Chapter 33

"The worst part about being lied to is when you realize you believed it"

-Frank Ocean-

***

Stefano's P.O.V

I am worried about Destiny's whereabouts. It's almost night time and she hasn't even returned, or make any calls. I wonder if something wrong happened. But I am pretty sure that she only went to Wendy's house, but when I called her earlier, she said Destiny was already going home.

Gosh, Destiny darling, why do you always make me feel worried, like why can't she understand that I need her to be safe all the time or else I would feel like I am dying.

And to make things even worse, there is actually a thunderstorm outside. And the rain is pouring heavily. Where could she be ? Our driver that sent her said he didn't know where she went for she didn't inform him whatsoever, and right now, no one knows where she is.

I try sending my men, but due to the weather, it's a bit hard to fully operate, and the pitiful part is the fact that I can only stay here hoping that she is okay.

Destiny, Destiny, Destiny

I swear, why haven't you been back yet ?

I know that I often leave the house like today, and I just got back this evening, hoping to see her beautiful face but she was nowehere to be found, up until now.

And it's giving me lots of headache and anxiety.

When I am on my worst mind state, I hear the sound of the door opening, and i quickly go to the front door to see who it is, and as I thought, it's Destiny. She is finally back and she looks like a horrible mess.

Her ash brown hair is wet by the rain, and her eyes look sad and slanted, unlike her usual bright and sparkly eyes. Her skin gets slightly paler and she is shivering from the cold, and I see her usually pink lip getting slightly blue and her clothes are fully drenched in water.

I run to her side and try to hold her, but somehow, she refuses as she moves her body away from me, as if she is avoiding my touch and one of the maid come with a towel as she takes it and wrap it around her shoulder.

Without caring for anything, she walks up the stairs. I try following her but somehow it almost like I am invisible in her sight, as she remains silence to some of my questions.

"Where have you been ? I was worried about you"

I try talking to her but she simply wouldn't reply.

"Destiny, are you okay ?"

One more time, I try to hold her shoulder but she moves her body again so I cannot touch her. She gives me a short glare and she tries to fasten her steps.

When we reach the third floor, where our room is supposed to be at, instead of going in to our room, she goes inside a guest room, which takes me aback. She never does this before and I'm not sure why she is doing this right now, but when I am about to follow her in, she closes the door and lock it from the inside, as if she doesn't want me to be in the same room as her.

And it doesn't take me long to realize, that she is acting a little bit weird, and the worst part is I don't understand why.