Let me in...

Murphy

New Orleans Police Department
715 South Broad St
New Orleans, LA 70119

7:15 pm...

I took the bullets into the empty lab, not wanting anyone examining the shells except for me. I put on a pair of rubber gloves before grabbing the fingerprint powder and brush. Since the prints are latent, which can't easily be seen; Dusting them were necessary over patent prints which were easy to be seen. I carefully dusted each shell. After some time, I finished up. I shook the brush a bit to rid away the lingering powder which was trapped inside and outside of the brush. I brushed the brush against the shells to get some of the powder off. Putting the kit aside, I grabbed some clear tape and carefully laid them across the shells to retrieve every fingerprint that rested upon each shell.

Once I finished that, I put each piece of tape on a clean sheet of white paper. I walked over to the print scanner and placed the paper inside. The light ran up and down and scanned each print. As I awaited for the results, I gazed at the monitor. The way the system is set up around here, even with the cleanest record you can be found in the database due to your identification card. The DMV has everyone with an I.D. in the system. Knowing that off bat, Tahari's information would show up, due to the obvious, she had them in her possession. I paid that no nevermind. As the scanner finished reading over the prints, Tahari's information showed up 6 times. No one else. I sighed. I know for a fact that she didn't do anymore than touch the shells. Whoever the bullets belongs to had to load the magazine/clip while wearing gloves. Smart. But with much more examination of the shells. I can more than likely find out the gun type and with any other shootings, compare the bullets and see if they are coming from the weapon...

I quickly deleted the information from the hard drive. Followed by me taking checking the trash and much more, I wanted it out of the system, completely. I took the paper and prints from the scanner and folded it and stuffed it into my pockets. I couldn't dispose the shells, I put them back into the plastic sandwich bag and stuffed them into my pockets as well. I took off the rubber gloves and threw them into the waste bin. I sighed out of frustration. If my daughter was in cahoots with who I believe, then this is going to be more difficult than what I expected. I need her out of the way. I can't take my daughter down, she needs to stay out of the mix...

There is a reason that she was holding them shells and I need to look into this. Everything is coming at me all at once. From my wife mentioning her hopping out of a big body red car to her grades slipping. Always trying to leave the house, not answering or returning phone calls. At this moment in time, I never been so clueless of my next move. I leaned against the wall as I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. I sighed as my mind became unkempt.

The door opened and in came was Detective Alex Lakic alongside a lab worker, Paul Atkins.

"Detective Murphy", I heard Detective Lakic speak.

I took my fingers from the bridge of my nose. I opened my eyes as I stood straight. "Detective Lakic", I said in response.

"Say, what's going on, this case got you stressed?", he queried.

"No, not at all but what about you, I see they let you work on this case a bit too. How's the chaos treating you? The double homicide this morning and carrying on has to be stressful.", I said in response.

He chuckled. "Indeed but that's what you get when you sign up for this type of line of work. Gunpowder debris, shells, the spatters of the weapon and so on.", he spoke as he walked around me. "Mr. Atkins will be assisting me with the prints on the shells", Detective Lakic spoke as he turned his attention to Paul...