2| FREEDOM

After a couple of days being forced to play prisoner to the Sky People, which was what Lincoln referred to them as, it began to get tedious and long, and Elektra wondered when something was about to change or happen as, so far, they seemed to lack on interrogation skills—if that was their plan for her, they didn't seem to mind electrocuting her brother or beating him senseless. Elektra kept beating herself up on how careless and foolish she had been a few days ago, which ultimately led to the position she was stuck in, with her brother no less. She should have left the girl out for the Reapers and just regroup with her unit, however, with some off stroke of luck, or possibly fate, she decided to go be a hero—if that was what she wanted it to be called. It didn't lessen the blow to her ego.

     With each day that passed, which seemed to get slower and slower, the more boredom set in. or it could have been the overwhelming anticipation of what was to come. The place that they had been kept in—the strange metal building with chairs, belts, screens of some sort, and latches, on the ground, that led lower down—was loud and uncomfortable. So, Elektra did give them props for that at least.

     It echoed. A lot. Whatever the building was, whatever they called it, was not sound proof, which made her wonder if her own people could hear during scouting or hunting trips. Every single time someone spoke or dropped something, or even walked, the sound reverberated violently, and along with the added pain she constantly had in her head, it was something that she would imagine an earthquake to feel like, but internally that is. Or even a tsunami, with waves that would smash against the inside of her skull, sending her brain to putty.

     Elektra could feel her energy, that was already low, to begin with, dwindle. As did her hope of getting out of the place more or less alive. Elektra knew she was weak, and she wasn't sure how much longer she could last.

     It wasn't unusual for Elektra to find herself at dead ends and in dangerous situations that led to her becoming hurt, or close to being hurt. It was a given due to the fact she was a hunter and scout. There were bound to be days where she would run into trouble on the job. But she had never experienced it quite like this. The metal container, which was what she settled on calling her prison, would often emit loud noises, even when the Sky People didn't cause them, and the ringing sound would shoot through her body like white-hot spears. If she had to guess, she was sure that it was a similar feeling to 'death by a thousand cuts' a morbid, yet necessary, tradition she had grown up with, and often partook in when they occurred.

     Only once had she been visited by Clarke, when she was there to clean up Lincolns wounds, despite his own protests about it while trying to get as far away from her as he could. Elektra didn't blame him. After all, he was locked up like a wild animal who would be experimented on, or sent to the slaughterhouse, she was in a no different situation. One could understand why he was so resistant to acknowledge any help that was given. He had always been that way. He was her brother, she had grown up with him, fought alongside him, and even had to patch him up and be patched up by himself a few times, so she saw just how hesitant and hot-headed he was when it came to strangers. Especially those who weren't born on the same planet. They did fall from the sky after all.

     Elektra had found that only Octavia was able to break down his walls and get close to him, much to the annoyance of Bellamy and the others. But she wasn't sure if his willingness for her to help comforted her, or enraged her.

     She had spent most of her time in the metal container with her head down, and her bloodied, aching, healing body, slumped, making the Sky People believe that she had been asleep the whole time, when really, she had been eavesdropping in order to get some intel that could be valuable, but it hadn't been of much use to her so far. Her Commander, Lexa, would want to at least know something of use to them when she returned. Or if she returned that it.