3| BEGINNING OF THE END

It was almost an hour later when Elektra finally managed to reach her village again. Lincoln was outside of the perimeter, obviously not allowed to enter after his banishment, and pulled her into a tight hug. With her arms wrapped tightly around him, she breathed out, taking in all the fires that were lit around the entrance, and the low murmurs of the people chatting inside.

     "You have to go, Linc," she told him, pulling away.

     "I know, I just had to make sure you were okay."

     She forced a smile. "I'm fine, but you're not, so you should get back. You're not safe here anymore."

     Lincoln nodded, smiling at her one last time. "I'll see you soon."

     Lincoln quickly left after that, leaving Elektra to make her way along the hidden path towards the village. Indra was the first person she saw when she walked in. she sent Elektra a short nod, which Elektra copied, before she stepped to the side, revealing the Commander.

     "Commander," Elektra spoke as she bowed her head.

     "For the last time, call me Lexa. We're friends, El."

     Elektra looked up with a smirk. "You said it was the 'last time' last time."

     Commander Lexa sent her a smirk, motioning her head towards one of the tents. "Your unit leader is waiting for you, and she's not pleased that her 'favourite' hunter was taken." Elektra sighed, standing up straighter. "But she's glad you're still alive, and not brought back in pieces."

     One thing Elektra hated more than anything, was worrying Anya. She hated knowing that Anya was expecting her to be found dead. It obviously wasn't said out loud, but Elektra knew that Anya considered her unit her family.

     When she walked up to the tent, the guards informed Anya that she was there.

     From outside, Elektra could hear Anya reply, "Let her in, and then leave us."

     The guards out front nodded and opened the tent flap for her, and when she walked in, they closed it again and left.

     Elektra watched as the tent flap dropped down before she turned back to Anya, who had been standing by one of the tables covered in maps and a small model of the area with the camps mapped out and labelled.

     "Anya, I'm sorry, I'm—" She was cut off by Anya, who pulled her into a tight hug, gripping the back of the jacket, Elektra was wearing, tightly.

     Cautiously, Elektra wrapped her own arms around Anya, having never hugged her unit leader before.

      "Anya," she whispered, rubbing her back gently.

     "Don't you ever do that again. Don't do that, you, stupid child. I could have lost you for good! That was irresponsible, and I bet you didn't even think for a second how this would have affected me or—"

     Elektra shook her head quickly, pulling away from Anya. "You were the first person I thought of, Anya. You are my unit leader, and my first thought was you." Her lips trembled as she spoke, thinking over all the possibilities that could have happened if the Sky People hadn't been as caring as they were. Well, to her at least. "But, hey, I came back home, didn't I?" Elektra laughed quietly, almost quiet enough where Anya didn't notice it.

     Anya's face scrunched up in disgust. "yes, you did, but you came home wearing their clothes and smelling like death. What happened to you while you were there?"