Kickoff

"Let's play a game of football", Kruger says to us. Everyone agrees.

"Come on", I hear Kayla next to me as the guys look for an open football they can use to play their game. "Let's sit on the sidelines".

Kayla and I sit with the WAGs in the end zone of where the guys start at the 30 yard line. I have to explain the rules of football to Ksenia, who's never been to a game before.

I watch Kelly Keith play with Colton, who just learned how to walk, Elina Hjalmarsson plays around with Theo, and Dayna Seabrook and Jane Hossa's kids sit next to each other, playing with the turf grass underneath them.

The team splits up onto their practice teams and Jonathan is the first to hike the ball, back to Kruger. Kruger throws it over to Shaw, who is instantly taken down by Hjalmarsson. Us girls cheer for them as they continue to play their own version of football. Watching professional hockey players try to act like professional football players is hilarious.

"Kick it!" We all hear someone yell. Us girls look intently to the other side of the huddle of men trying to hike the ball. Shaw stands about twenty feet behind everyone, ready to run. Patrick is given the ball, and Andrew starts at a run. Patrick places the tip of the ball on the ground and Shaw swings his leg. We watch the ball fly over our heads and into the field goal. The entire stadium goes crazy.

"My shoe!" I hear Andrew yell. Flying behind the football, Andrew's shoe just barely makes it into the goal post. We cheer for him as he runs past us and retrieves his shoe from the net, along with the football.

After playing football for quite sometime, the team decides they're tired and hungry. The guys run over to us and grab our hands, pulling us off the ground. "Come on. Let's go find some food", Jonathan pulls on my hand.

Patrick, Kayla, Marcus, Corey, Andrew, Chaunette, Jonathan, and I all take a walk through the tunnels and find our way out to the concession stands. We all split up in different ways depending on what we want to eat. I stay with Jonathan and decide on a hamburger and french fries.

After getting the food at the counter, we find Kayla and Patrick again and find a place against the wall to eat. People of both the Patriots and the Bears pass us. I examine the Pat's fans. They have on red jerseys, or navy blue jerseys, with Tom Brady or Gronkowski, some even Julian Edelman.

"Come on", I say as we finish eating. "We have to get back to the field. Your fans are waiting to see you play another game of awful football".

I pull on Jonathan's hand, and he jumps off the floor. Balancing an inch or so away from me, he looks down with a smile on his face. "You love watching me play football. Just admit it".

We give each other small, quick kisses. "Never", I smirk.

"Earth to CJ", I hear from beside me. "You made us get up. Let's go".

Jonathan wraps his arm over my shoulder as we walk back to the field with Patrick and Kayla, who's hands swing together happily between them. After a small debate with a security guard on whether Kayla could go through with us, we get back to the field. Everyone meets back up on the sidelines and we wait for the first appearance of the day to the fans.

Patrick and Jonathan pull Kayla and I aside from the group. "So, you know how we have seats all the way up there with most of the team, because those were the tickets that were left when we all bought them?"

Kayla and I both look at each other and then nod at the guys. Jonathan takes something out of his back pocket, Patrick does the same. In each of their hands are two tickets with the super bowl logo on the edge. "Well", Jonathan starts. "We actually have seats..... right there".

Patrick and Jonathan both point behind Kayla and I to the first row at the mid field line. We both turn back to them and practically jump into their arms in excitement. "Oh my god", I squeal. "Thank you, Jonathan".

Jonathan keeps his arms wrapped around my waist, and we hold each other. "You're welcome. It's just the best for my girl".

Jonathan sets me down, but holds me close. "I got you a million dollar tickets. Don't you think I deserve a little bit of a kiss", Jonathan jokes.

He bends down I place a kiss on his lips, but quick enough so I know that no one could catch us, like my father. "Thanks", Jonathan murmurs. I laugh.

"Come on. I think the guys want another game before the Bears come out", Patrick tells Jonathan. Jonathan kisses the top of my head, gives my hand a squeeze, then walks away with Patrick.

I turn to Kayla. We both give each other smiles and walk up to each other. We wrap our arms around one another and sway back and forth. "You are the greatest friend a girl could ever have", Kayla tells me.

I look at her with a puzzled smile. "What did I do?" I laugh.

"Without you, I would have never have met Patrick, and you and I would have grown old together and become the crazy cat ladies of Chicago", Kayla laughs.

"Oh, come on. We're not even thirty yet. You could have met someone else. You had a crush on Derek for the longest time. You could have asked him out".

"Yeah whatever. I still thank you for introducing me to Pat. He's perfect. It's only been six months, and I feel like I want to marry him. It's too early right now, but I could see it happen in the near future. I can count on it".

"Okay", I laugh. "No more emotions. We're here to have fun. Let's go watch our guys play an awful game of football".

My guy. Her guy.

Our guys. Forever.