Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I slammed the door behind me and ran to my car, trying to see through my tears. So far, Elliott hasn't come after me. But I knew he wouldn't. I hurt him terribly. He didn't deserve that confession, but he did deserve for me to tell him the truth.

Questions raced through my mind as I drove down the street. One in particular kept coming back to me. Were Elliott and I over? Did that fight we just have break us up? I shook my head, shoving all of the questions out of my head. I refused to believe it. If I lost Elliott... I lost everything.

All of a sudden, a car pulled out in front of me. I slammed on my brakes and was jerked forward. I gripped the steering wheel, staring at the black SUV that was in front of my car. Did I hit it? I couldn't tell because my car was so close to their's.

The owner of the car got out and I gasped. It was Amanda, and she was clearly frustrated. She saw me and glared. I held on to the steering wheel tighter, watching her every move. When I didn't get out of the car, she went around it and showed up at my window. I jumped, but rolled down the window.

"Who do you think you are?" she asked angrily. I was speechless. How could I talk to this woman? She didn't even know who I was.

Your ex's girlfriend, I wanted to say. But I didn't even know if that was true anymore.

"I-I," I stammered.

"Well?" She asked again. Venom filled her voice and her eyes were like daggers. How could one woman get this mad at someone who she didn't even know? I didn't even hit her car!

"I'm sorry, ma'am," I said. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot on the pavement. "I wasn't, I mean, I had the right of way."

She glanced at the stop sign... on her side of the street. It must've made her even more angry, because she turned back to me, clearly furious, like I had just ruined her car.

"Neighborhoods shouldn't have stop signs, but anyways, you still should've stopped. I know you saw me coming."

"No, I didn't!" I protested, suddenly getting angry at her. I had too much anger directed at this woman. She cheated on Elliott, who loved her more than anything, and broke his heart. And now she won't leave him alone, thinking they're still going to get married. Now it's me, saying I don't follow road rules. There was clearly something not right about this lady.

"That's bull shit!" she yelled at me. I recoiled, thinking she was actually going to try and hit me.

"Amanda?!"

I froze when I heard his voice. His footsteps got closer and I my eyes widened. Was he actually coming after me?

"Elliott!" Amanda said, suddenly sounding like the happiest girl in the world. I felt disgusted, and I needed to get out of here- now. But Amanda's car was still in front of me, and I was trapped.

"Amanda, what happened?" he panted. He approached the car and I glanced up. Tears threatened to escape my eyes again, but I blinked them back. "Avery..."

"This little skank tried to hit me, Ell-ell!" she whined, throwing her arms around his neck. I tightened my grip around the steering wheel again. She has nicknames for him now? What the hell?!

Elliott didn't pay attention to Amanda. He only kept staring at me. Amanda seemed to notice, because she glared at me again.

"Avery, are you okay?" he asked in a deadly serious voice.

"Yeah," I answered, my voice level.

He turned to Amanda. "What happened?"

"Like I said," Amanda sneered. "She tried to hit me!"