8| THE END - PART ONE

By the time that Elektra had finished applying a layer of poison to her weapons, she had seen over five hundred members of her Clan enter the building to do the same to their own weapons. Judging by how many people had come and gone, she could only assume that she had been inside for a few hours, possibly even longer than a few. Once she had left the room, she saw Indra, Anya, and the Commander talking together. Elektra walked over to them and stood beside Indra. When she stood still, she could only hear the end of what they were saying, or at least what Anya was saying, "Leave the blonde to me, got it?" They nodded, about to split up, when Elektra added her own at the end.

     "Leave the other leader to me."

     They looked over at her hesitantly before seeing the look on her face. They nodded to her and Indra and the Commander broke away from the small circle, leaving Anya and Elektra alone, to gather up more people. Elektra was about to leave too when Anya caught her arm, gently, holding her back.

     "You don't have to do that, El," Anya told her and she looked down to Elektra's face.

     She shook her head, glaring in front of herself.

     "Yes, yes I do. I need to have a few words with him before I end his life for good."

     Anya tried to smile, supporting Elektra's words, but she couldn't. the girl she once knew her as was long dead, leaving only what seemed to be a fleshy vessel, a cold exterior, and a soulless body. Elektra appeared hollow, like an empty shell left in the place of the old Elektra. Anya didn't like it. She hated it. She hated what Elektra was becoming. "By a thousand cuts," Elektra finished, and by that point, Anya looked away uncomfortably, loosening her grip on her arm. But Elektra couldn't find it in her to care.

     Because it's not true. A voice rang in her ears.

     Shut up. Elektra hissed.

     You still care. It told her again, trying to sound soothing and persuasive.

     No. I don't. I hate him. She yelled back in her mind.

     You love him, Elektra.

     Silence!

     Then there was.

     Anya stepped away from her and left to get ready. But it was obvious that they wouldn't be leaving straight away, that would have been expected of them. That would have been foolish. They would make Skaikru wait until they began questioning their sanity. They would make Skaikru suffer.

     Elektra stayed away from the others, wanting to have some time to think about the events that had happened and the events that were about to happen. The thoughts began to fog up her mind to the point that it became painful. Elektra had made her way over to her room at the camp and laid down on the bed, twisting one of her non-poisoned knives around her hand, poking the end on the tip of her forefinger. The cool metal against her skin made her feel more human, it reminded her that she was still human, causing her to feel glad that she wasn't completely numb like a robot after what had happened two days ago.

     "Knock, knock," Commander Lexa chimed as she walked in, not waiting for a response, possibly knowing that she wouldn't actually receive one. Elektra didn't move her head to look at her as the Commander started again, "Hey, I was wondering how you—?" The Commander paused as she took in Elektra's room. "Were doing? El?"

     Over the past two days, Elektra busied herself and created new weapons, pointier and deadlier. The Commander walked over to one of the small tables in her room and picked up a newly made weapon. It was a ball of poisoned spikes that were connected to a chain on a thick stick.