Chapter 6

As I followed the man that I met in the hospital, I made sure to take in my surroundings so that I could attempt to get away once I gained enough strength to run again.

As we walked the man kept looking behind him, I assumed to ensure that I was still following him. He didn't have to worry about me running away just yet as I was already running out of breath after five minutes of walking. If he noticed he never let on and for that I was grateful, I couldn't handle much more human contact today and I could only hope that he understood that.

I figured that he would live in a pack house of some sort, but I wasn't prepared for the absolute monster of a house that stood before me. This place was huge, it was like two of my old pack house put together and I was in awe.

I didn't have much time to take in the house before five giant wolves jumped out and growled and bared their teeth at me. Before I had time to turn and run away, one of the smaller wolves leapt at me and if it wasn't for the man pushing me out of the way, it could have easily ripped my head off.

My screams were drowned out by a deafening growl that came from the man.

"All of you stand down now! She is no threat."

The wolves immediately shifted back and I saw that the wolf that tried to attack me was a beautiful girl that was glaring at me. The rest looked somewhat suspicious of me as I looked up at them from my position on the ground.

The man turned in my direction and slowly walked toward me. He reached out and pulled me from the ground, despite my flinching from him.

"Are you okay?"

I simply nodded at him, still a bit too shaken up to form words. He looked me over as if looking for any injuries and judging by the relieved look on his face he was satisfied with the results. He gestured for me to follow him back toward the group of people.

"Guys this is Amina." He hesitated "She was rescued from the Ever Moon Pack. She is my special guest and she is to be treated well."

In almost an instant the four boys were all smiles and for once they were directed at me. They all started to approach me at once and I took an immediate step back. They stopped dead in their tracks as their eyes glazed over, I looked up at the man and I saw that his were glazed over also, they must be mind linking one another. I watched as the boys focused back on me, still smiling.

A blonde boy spoke up first.

"Hi, I'm Jaxon."

Two boys who looked similar with their shaved heads and dark skin spoke up next.

"I'm Tyler."

"I'm Asher." They spoke at the same time.

Tyler glared at Asher.

"We talked about this Asher, I'm older so I get to introduce myself first."

"By five minutes Tyler, we're twins so shut up. If I want to introduce myself first than I can."

The two started to bicker after that, but I could tell they weren't really angry at each other but I was still a bit wary of them, I didn't like yelling. Just then a man with black hair and green eyes walked up to them and pushed their faces away.

"Will you two please shut the fuck up for once!"

I flinched back at his tone. He was serious. He reminded me of Alpha Tony. I didn't like him very much. Once everyone had calmed down all eyes turned to the girl that had attacked me. After a few seconds of her not saying anything she shot me one last glare before she turned on her heels and stomped away. I heard the man growl lowly next to me and I took a small step away from him. I think he noticed because his eyes immediately went down to where I was standing and he let out an annoyed sigh. Good job Amina, you're pissing him off already.