Damon Salvatore is not a philosopher

Damon Salvatore is not a philosopher. He doesn't pride himself on being a thinker or having deep thoughts. No, that's Stefan's department. Stefan goes around thinking and Damon goes around doing. He's reckless and lives in the moment even all those years back, when they were both human.

No, he's not a philosopher.

But he does like to observe.

Observing is good. Observing is helpful. Whether with his humanity on or off, observing even the littlest of things is what helped him survive all those years.

Yes, he observes.

Atleast that's what he tells himself when it comes to her.

No she's not perfect, he's well aware of that.

Her hair is more than often a complete mess.

She doesn't have perfect skin or the perfect body.

She doesn't sit, talk or act in a ladylike manner.

She's not afraid to speak her mind, no matter who.

He's absolutely sure that she is far from perfect.

And he's absolutely sure that he doesn't care.

She has this little spirit inside of her that just irks him. Yes it really does. And he's astounded how nobody but him has ever noticed these things. How when she walks into the room, he's the only one that is one hundred percent aware of her.

She tries to show that she doesn't care what others think of her. But he knows.

He sees the very slight tightening of her shoulders whenever someone insults her before she covers it with an easy retort and snarky smile.

He can see the tiny line between her eyebrows whenever she is looking in a mirror.

He can see her pursing her lips whenever she is around 'prettier' girls.

He tells himself the only reason he sees all this is because he likes to observe.

And he also observes himself.

He observes how his own eyes are always, always drawn towards her whenever she enters a room.

He observes the flare of panic in him whenever there is possible danger in a ten mile radius of her.

He observes his fists clenching whenever she smiles that smile of hers for anyone else.

He observes his growing satisfaction and triumph when she immediately after turns towards him and presses her lips to his.

Yes, he observes everything.

And no matter how many times he tells himself that that is the only reason he observes everything about her, he knows better.

As we know, Damon Salvatore is not a philosopher.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hey ya'll!

Did you like this one?

I always had this little thing whenever I saw Damon on screen that he's like, really observant. Yanno, always noticing the things others don't.

I dunno, its just something I always wanted to write so......here it is!

Though I'm not sure how it'll be received by you all.

NEways,

Vote and comment.

Stay Beautiful

I<3CHOC35