38

“Oh yeah me too - definitely something hot.”

He took a deep breath watching me stand there closely beside him, while trying desperately to keep some of the body warmth for when we had to go outside again, while he simply had just taken off the damn jacket!

“You know it’ll actually be colder when we get out again if you keep on the jacket in here.”

“Why?” I asked in disbelief, my talk muffled by the scarf as I looked up in his gorgeous eyes.

Once again he chuckled, “trust me! It got something to do with your body getting used to the warmth in here - so when you get out and you're still wearing your jacket it’ll feel even colder.”

“Hm-mm,” I watched him suspiciously with narrowed eyes.

“I was telling the truth the first time wasn’t I?” He stated with that wide adorable grin, there were still a couple of people till it was our turn to order. Yeah he was right - that relaxing trick had definitely worked.

With one last suspicious sideways glance at him, I started opening my jacket, which made him laugh out loud. Several people in the line stared at us. As I tried slipping out of it entirely - it turned out as quite a struggle really, the place seemed a little claustrophobic. Before I could say no he started helping me getting out of it, as the shoulder bag was making it more than difficult.

To my dismay I could hear the group of girls started aw’ing - at him. Definitely not at me, as I tried getting out of the damn tangle of scarf, bag strap, hair, mittens and jacket. All by the help of an indie male model in a sweater, that was to die for. Life is just great isn't it?

“I hate winter.” I stated exhausted, pouting as I was finally free from the last bit of the scarf - my hair in a total mess - by now I was definitely warmed up. Harry had been watching me with slight amusement, as he held my jacket still. I reached out to take it.

“It’s okay I can hold it,” he said making me lift my brows in surprise, “so what was it you wanted again?”

“Large coffee I think -” blowing a strand of hair away, I glanced up at the menu, trying to drown out the girls’ giggles and his still amused smile which made me blush deeper and deeper. Why did he have to look at me all the time? When he thought I didn't notice? It was impossible to steady my heartbeat.

By now I couldn’t wait to get out of here - with my warm coffee and the warm hearted boy next to me. Was it stupid that I suddenly felt a little possessive over him? How I suddenly wanted those girls on the bloody moon instead of in here? It definitely was. But I couldn’t care less. He was still watching me - I could feel his gaze resting on me with that softness.

Finally it was our turn - it had definitely been a good idea to get off some of the clothes. Before I could get out my purse Harry spoke; “a large coffee and a hot chocolate to-go, thank you.”

Curiously I looked up from the messy inside of my bag, to see the reaction, that his slow raspy voice withdrew from the female cashier. Just to make sure it wasn’t just me who.. - oh yeah okay. She blushed scarlet red and started fiddling with the cash register, “yes uhm… yeah. Do you want whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles on your…” she blushed deeper, “on .. on the hot chocolate I mean?”

“Yeah sure,” I watched in awe at how he didn’t notice a damn thing while the girl was practically dying under his freaking model gaze, that could melt every heart in here. Holy shit - didn’t he see it? Didn't he see her nervousity, the blush, the way she tugged her hair behind her ear in uneasiness? I suddenly felt much better - at least I was able to speak entire sentences around him. I tried smiling comfortably at the girl, she didn’t even seem to see me. Harry handed her the money as she shoved the orders over the desk.

“Wait - I can pay for my own!” I stated, as I realized what he was doing. He looked at me - and so did the girl behind the desk. She seemed to stare, as if wondering how on earth I could talk to him. I smiled crookedly at Harry not giving after, but his green eyes said the same. There was no way he was going to pay for mine.

“I owe you a dollar,” from when? I looked at him questioningly, “from the bus?” He continued at my quizzical gaze. Oh. “And I think I can overcome 69 cents.” Chuckling at my expression he paid, as I continually stared at him surprised. I had practically forgotten about that. He remembered me from the bus? He? But -

How did he keep surprising me! I grabbed the two cups carefully instead, since I hadn’t been allowed to pay. He followed me closely as I made my way through the shop, locating a free table with no chairs. Loading off the two drinks I turned to get my jacket from him. It turned out he was already standing there with it - ready for me to slip in, like was he a terribly well mannered Harvard gentleman, and smiling his crooked smile - oh crap. Why did he constantly have to do things that made me fall for him even harder? Why did he have to be so mysterious, and broken, yet perfect, and make all the girls blush without even taking notice? Why did he have to be like that? In his sweater with those jade green eyes? Who had allowed him this?

I mumbled a thank you, as I let him help me. Suddenly the world only consisted of him holding the fabric, as I slipped my arms into the sleeves trying to stay calm. Nothing else, just him and me. I didn't care about the group of giggling girls - or the female cashier. I didn't care one bit, because all he seemed to notice was me. A gasp escaped my mouth, but drowned in the noises of the room, as I could feel how he gently led his hand through my hair - freeing it from the jacket. It was such a soft, light and caring motion - so innoccent. But yet it managed to shatter my sanity to pieces, as if he had been an earthquake breaking me down step by step - and then suddenly all at once.

Please vote & comment x

a/n: 10K votes. Speechless *starts the hugging session* Thank you guys - stay amazing! All of you! :) x