Chapter 5- There's A Reason For Everything

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 5- There’s A Reason For Everything

 *Sky's POV*

"Good morning my lovelies, I hope you slept well, Sky." Mrs. Coleman commented as Jeremy and I both walked into the brightly lit kitchen greeting her back. Because of the white cabinets everything seemed even brighter from the natural sunlight seeping in.

"I did, thank you so much." I said kindly following Jeremy around. 

"Well if you need anything let me know, don't be afraid to ask." She tells me with a cheerful grin as she looks back down to her stack of mail, "And please just help yourself to whatever you want for breakfast. Tea, coffee, juice, milk, jam, cereal, eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes-"

"I think she gets it mom." Jeremy chuckles opening up the fridge. 

"I’m just trying to make her feel at home. I remember how awkward it is staying at your boyfriend's house with the family." She comments with a giggle. Jeremy looks over to me rolling his eyes as he pulls out the gallon of milk from the fridge, “Oh, and you haven’t met Julia yet.” Mrs. Coleman introduced pointing to Julia at the table, “Julia this is Sky, remember we talked about Jeremy bringing her for vacation.” She mentions.

Julia looked up from her plate nodding her head, “Nice to meet you.” She said with a smile. I say hello with a small wave and smile, thanking my brain for reminding me to check myself in the mirror to look presentable. She looks over to Jeremy and raises her eyebrow, “She’s pretty. How is she into you?” She teases her brother.

“Ha-ha” Jeremy says dryly sticking his tongue at her.

Julia looked like a mini replica of Jillian. Blond hair and light brown eyes. For a fifteen year old she’s beautiful. I found it funny how both boys and their mom have brown hair and brown eyes and the girls have blond hair and brown eyes. They must have gotten that from their dad.

With a sigh coming from his mother Jeremy looks over her should curiously, "It's one of those checks again." She says throwing the rest of the mail on the counter and holding up the single white envelope.

"You still don't know where you're getting those checks from mom?" Jeremy asks grabbing a box from the pantry. He shakes it looking at me with a smirk. He still remembers I like Captain Crunch. I nod my head eagerly as I help him out with breakfast.

"No I don't. It's a cashier’s check every time." She states opening the envelope up with a knife.

"What's a cashier’s check mom?" Josh asks from the other side of the room eating a stack of pancakes with syrup.

"It's like an anonymous donor check. So the person who sends them doesn't give out their information." Julia explains to her younger brother as she eats a bagel with cream cheese.

Maura gasps, staring at the check for a long time with her hand covering her mouth, completely shocked and a look of overwhelm, "I'm telling you mom." Jillian begins as she gets up from her chair and puts her plate in the sink, "Some person robbed a bank and is sending these checks to you to stash the money. The government will be onto you shortly." She giggles standing by the sink as she sips her coffee. I chuckle as well as I begin to eat my cereal, waiting for Jeremy to go sit at the table as well, "How much this time mom?" 

Still baffled by the anonymous check, Maura begins to stutter, "Th- th-thr-three....thousand." She gasps holding onto the paper tightly, "Three thousand dollars." Jillian spits out her coffee as I begin to choke on my cereal.