55

AN: This is a chapter covering the time length between the episodes which is 2 weeks.

      For two weeks, Eira spent her time with Klaus. He was trying to get his family back from Stefan but he let himself get distracted. He somewhat felt terrible for getting distracted but he couldn't help it. It was hard not to when she was around. Her presence always lingered in the back of his mind when she left and she became the forefront in his mind when she visited him again and again.

       There time first spent together started when Klaus went to Eira early in the morning and he brought her to his mansion that was still being renovated. Eira lied to Damon, saying she was going to school but she skipped.

     Klaus led Eira through the house that had many people scurrying about, trying to finish the inside of the house. Some of them were hybrids and there eyes flashed yellow when they saw her for the first time. It was the wolf side of them wanting to acknowledge Eira.

    Klaus held her hand as he led her through the unfinished hallways. He showed her the many rooms, taking on her on a tour and then he brought her to a room with many shelves filled with books.

      Eira took a step in front of Klaus and marveled at all the books. She spun in a circle, looking at all of them. A smile graced her face and Klaus was hypnotized.

    "I love to read," Eira stated.

    "Then I'm sure you'd get along quite well with Elijah," Klaus practically growled and rolled his eyes.

     "I like you better," Eira stated as she let go of Klaus's hand and walked further into the room, not even knowing the effect her words had.

     Klaus smiled at her words. He had the preconceived thought that everyone preferred Elijah, the noble one, over himself. He was glad to find someone who didn't.

      After that day, Eira came over to his house after school everyday. She first started knocking at his door when she came but she came so frequently that she started to become comfortable with letting herself in and Klaus didn't mind.

     It had been a couple days since they started spending all their time together. There was one room in the house he hadn't shown her. His art room.

     Klaus showed it to her and Eira walked around the room and her eyes examined each piece of artwork and drawings carefully. Some artwork had shades of green grass, one an illuminate moon, one had water so tranquil it looked real. Each step Eira would take around the room, Klaus would follow.

    Once she looked at most of them, she looked at Klaus with a smile,"Your an artist?"

     "Yes, it's one of my passions," Klaus answered.

    "There all wonderful," Eira complimented.

   Eira looked at all the paintings around the room again and she walked over to the drawings on the table and Klaus followed. She looked through them before looking up at Klaus.

    "Can you teach me?" Eira asked.

     "Art is a talent. It takes awhile to be taught," Klaus answered, amused.