The Favor (Sandor Clegane x reader)

You sat in the stands as the tournament began. You didn't really care for tournaments, but this one was special. It was a tournament for the new Hand of the King. Everyone was there. You watched as knights won or lost tilt after tilt until it was finally time for the final tilt of the tournament. Ser Loras Tyrell versus Ser Gregor Clegane. The Mountain.

When Gregor entered the arena on his horse, you could feel his brother Sandor tense beside you. You looked at him and gave him a small smile. Sandor was one of your few friends in King's Landing. No one understood why the two of you got along so well, but you did. In truth, over time, it became more than friendship, but neither one of you would admit it out loud. Sandor didn't think he deserved anything more than your friendship and you were just afraid he would reject you.

Your attention was drawn back to the tourney as Loras stopped his horse in front of you and offered you his rose of favor. Not wanting to cause offense, you smiled and took the rose gingerly from him. "Good fortune, Ser Loras," you told him before he rode off to get ready to joust. Sandor mumbled something under his breath and you turned to him with an arched brow. "Nothin'," was all the answer you received. You shrugged and looked back toward Loras and Gregor.

The stands grew silent as Gregor's horse threw him. You saw the rage on his face as he turned to Loras, ready to pounce. You hadn't even noticed Sandor wasn't next to you anymore until he was in the arena coming to Loras' aide. Your eyes went wide as Gregor didn't even pause, changing his target from Loras to his brother without another thought. You didn't want to see your friend hurt and Gregor was one of the only people you knew who could hurt Sandor.

You didn't have to worry long because King Robert cried out, "ENOUGH!" Sandor gracefully took a knee just as Gregor's sword slashed through the air where Sandor's head had been. You let out a sigh of relief as Gregor stalked away and Loras stood by Sandor, took his hand and raise their fists in the air. What you didn't see was Sandor leaning closer to Loras and whispering, "Don't think for a minute that I'm gonna let ya near Y/N." You couldn't hear it, but you could tell by the look on Loras' face that he was frightened now. Sandor looked angry.

As soon as he was close enough to you, you ran to meet Sandor. "What was that? What did you say to Loras? The poor boy looked like he was going to piss himself," you said. Sandor growled and began walking faster. You bit back a chuckle. "Boy deserved it," he muttered and this time you couldn't keep your laughter at bay. "For what? Giving me his favor? Sandor, I have no interest in the flamboyant Knight of Flowers. Knights aren't exactly my cup of tea, as you well know."

Sandor didn't say anything and you rolled your eyes. "You are so dense," you mumbled. You stepped right in his path, forcing him to stop walking. "There is no reason for you to be jealous, Sandor," you told him truthfully. It was the closest you'd ever come to admitting your feelings. "'M not jealous of that prancing prat." He tried to walk around you, but you moved into his way. This happened several times before Sandor got fed up and hoisted you over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" you cried in half-hearted protest. Sandor didn't listen. He simply carried you back into the Keep and to his chambers. He plopped you down in a chair. Not all that gently either. You glared at him. "You are jealous, Sandor. You forget, I know you better than anyone. I can tell." He groaned and poured himself a goblet on wine. "Fine! 'M jealous. He's not bad ta look at and he obviously has his eye on ya." This time, you snorted loudly as your laughter bounced off the walls of his rooms.

"I really don't care, Sandor. He doesn't mean anything to me. As I said, I have no interest in knights." In a moment of bravery, you got up and crossed the space between you. You pressed your lips to his cheek. As you turned to run away, you heard the goblet hit the floor and felt a hand on your arm. In a split second, you were being spun back to face Sandor and his lips were on yours. You smiled against his lips before he pulled away. "I doubt Loras could kiss anyone like that," you said softly making Sandor chuckle.

y^[GT