Mates going on dates

"So Bella, see your taste in food hasn't changed. After all this time?" Edward asked.

"Always." I replied.

"What is it with you and your mushroom ravioli?" He chuckled, giving me his famous crooked grin that made my insides melt.

"Stop dazzling me." I whined pitifully.

"I'm sorry, I forgot." Edward apologized smugly, sounding the least bit sincere.

He had found it funny that we had been served by the same waitress as last time who obviously recognized Edward and didn't mask the look of surprise when she saw me. Of course this didn't stop her from pulling up her skirt and pushing down her top. Her flirting with my imprint and annoyed me to no end but after a bit of reassurance that Edward wasn't going to run off with her, I calmed down. I knew I was being unreasonable but it was instinctual, I was possessive when it came to my imprint and what I deemed mine.

"What are you thinking?" Edward asked, taking my hand in his and laying it on the table, drawing me from my thoughts.

I looked up at him in slight confusion, not that I was against the small display of affection but I didn't really know where we stood. He nodded his head to my left, making my eyes dart in the direction and was I was pleased when I saw the waitress finally showing a small sign of defeat.

"Here's your food." She said rudely. "And are you sure there isn't anything I can get you?" She asked Edward, not bothering to hide the double meaning in her words.

I couldn't help the slight growl that tumbled from my chest as my lips curled back over my teeth. Edwards grip on my hand tightened slightly as the waitress shot me an alarmed look.
I let out a small huff of annoyance before fake coughing a few times.

"No thank you, but maybe a glace of water for my fiancé here." Edward said politely, making me choke further on the piece of ravioli I had just put in my mouth in an attempt to keep my less than polite words to myself.

At last, all signs of hope died from the waitresses eyes as she turned around and slunked back to the kitchen. Ding dong the witch is dead...

"Bella, are you okay?" Edward asked worriedly.

" I'm good, just wasn't expecting you'd go to such far measures to get her to leave you alone." I said sheepishly, feeling a blush cover my face.

"Well, I'm looking forward to the day when I'll be able to say that you are truly my wife." He said, kissing the back of my hand, making me blush further.
"There's you infamous Bella blush." He chuckled, looking fondly into my eyes as I continued to slowly eat my ravioli while loosing myself into my thoughts.

If only the waitress knew we weren't any ordinary customers. No, we were a vampire - shape shifter couple, sworn enemies bound by fate. Fate, the messed up thing. Hell, I wasn't even a normal shifter, even in my abnormally I still had to be different. I could shift into any animal, including a Phoenix which has to be one of the most stereotypical things ever. I mean, obviously, of all people I just had to be the one who could shift into the animal thought to be extinct. I felt like one of those girls from a cheesy American program.
On top of being able to shift into anything, I still had to tell the Cullen's of my other abilities. The part I'm sure they would be more apprehensive about. My ability to control fire. What could go wrong with that, Emmet and a house full of flammable vampires?

"Bella, are you ready to go, love. "

"What?" I asked, snapping out of my inner monologue.

"I said are you ready to go? I paid ten minutes ago." Edward chuckled.

"Oh, erm sure... Let's go I haven't realy spoken to anyone other than Alice and Rosalie yet." I said, blushing as I realized how stupid I must have looked just sitting there.

"I know Esme's just buzzing to reconnect with you." Edward said softly. "Erm, and Bella?"

"Yes?" I replied, sensing the uncertainty in his voice.

"Where- what are we?" He stammered as we walked out the door into the cold nights air.

"We've just began a relationship. I'm your girlfriend." I clarified after a moments thought.

"Yes, that's right. Your mine." He said, pulling me to a stop before gently kissing my lips.

"Yours." I confirmed.

I am soooooo sorry this took so long, schools been hectic as all my teachers have the same idea to give us our tests early so we won't have as many around Christmas but then they're all at the same time anyway so... Yaah.
Also, I've been trying to prepare for Christmas and put up trees, buy and wrap gifts as well as do my homework so I have had no time to update this.

Saying that, I wrote this the day after the last chapter but never got around to publishing it sorry....

I hope you enjoyed this and sorry it was so short.