08: Are you asking me out?

A/n: Saniya (Taraji's friend) in the media.

Taraji

It's been a week since that morning with Terry at the café. I'd say that I'm starting to miss him. I miss his cologne,his jokes,his smile...his everything.

But he's married.

That thought haunts me everyday. Why couldn't he just be single? It would make things easier for me because I wouldn't feel like a home wrecker.

"Girl,snap outta yo damn thoughts!"Saniya,my friend from college says. "Who is he?" She asks after a long pause.

"Who's who?"I ask,genuinely confused. "The man you're thinking about!"she says,her dark brown cheeks glowing as she smiles.

"Oh...him"I say,giggling a little bit.

Saniya side eyes me and chuckles,sipping from her champagne flute.

"I don't even know,to be honest. I wish I did"I say,then I pull my phone out.

I click on Terrence's name in my contacts and pause before bringing my thumb to the call icon.

"That's so sweet. When did you meet him?"Saniya asks me,startling me. I forgot that she was here,oh my lawd! That's what the mere thought of Terrence does to me.

"I met him about two months ago"I say,finally dialling his number.

"Girl,talking about all things romantic...Do you have a date to Yandisa's wedding?"Saniya asks me,as the phone continues to ring.

I open my mouth but am cut off by a deep voice.

"Speak of the devil..."I mouth out to Saniya,smiling wide.

I get up and go upstairs. After I get into one of the guest rooms,I shut the door and hear the faint blaring of the TV downstairs,where I left Saniya.

Terrence: Uhm...Taraji?

Taraji: Hey Terry *sighs*

Terrence: What's wrong?

Taraji: Nothing's wrong,I just...I need to ask you for a favour

Terrence: Why kind of favour...? *Voice gets deeper*

Boy,DO NOT even tempt me...So many favours I want from you,but it's a pity you're married.

Taraji: Terrence,stop it! It's too early for that!

Terrence: It's never too early for anything,baby girl

Taraji: *giggles*

Terrence: *Chuckles* Aight,be quick. My lawyer's gon be over in a few minutes

Taraji: Ok. So you know how I've been so busy working with Empire and interviews and photo shoots and things?

Terrence: Yeah

Taraji: I didn't get a chance to ask someone in advance to be my date for an award ceremony I was invited to a few months ago and I was wondering-

Terrence: If I could be your date? Ofcourse,Raji. Anything for you...

Boy...please DON'T TEMP ME!

Taraji: *sighs with relief* Thank you Terrence! Oh,you're such an angel

Terrence: I know I am,I mean...look at this fauuun-ness

Taraji: *uncontrollably laughs*

Terrence: When is this?

Taraji: Let's just say,I'll pick you up at 20:00 on Friday night

Terrence: Are you asking me out,Taraji Penda Henderson?

Taraji: *Smirks* Maybe...

Little pause

Taraji: AND HOW THE FUCK YOU KNOW MY SECOND NAME?!

Terrence: language,Penda!

Taraji: Terrence please don't *laughs*

Terrence: *Singing* P-p-p-p Penda!

Taraji: *hangs up*

Terrence

The last time I felt like this on the phone with a girl,was in high school. Her name was Triné Vaughn.

She was my first love. Dark brown skin,chocolate almond shapes eyes,athletic and curvaceous body and a smile that made me weak.

But of course,I ruined it by being too clingy and protective so she left me. She said she didn't wanna do it (liar)
and that she loved me.

Well whatever. It took me a long time to get over her but here I am.

The doorbell rings.

I open the door,thinking it's my lawyer.

My eyes open wider and I soon feel a tent in my jeans.

"You can't run away from me anymore,baby..."she whispers in my ear while biting it.

I feel my eyes roll to the back and give in...

I can't resist.

*

*

*

*

*

A/n: I know🙈Don't kill me. I've been busy with exams,guys. But I promise you there is another update coming up today.

Xoxox❤️🔑