Curious Man

I'm really surprised I've come back to votes already on this aw made me smile enjoy the first proper chapter and if you are reading let me know so I know to keep updating :) -C

-

Evelyn recaps the headlines in her head as she walks towards the Woolworth building, it happens to be on the corner of a street not to far away from the city bank.

She could disapparate but she rather enjoys the walk.

Her day really just consists of walking to the Woolworth building, busying herself in the wand permit section and then leaving back to her small but cosy apartment.

She leads a rather simple life but if it keeps her from her past then she's okay with it all.

Today however, Evelyn stops just outside the city bank to see what the commotion is.

A group known as the New Salem Philanthropic Society are holding a rally right by the steps.

Evelyn continues to wait, curious as to what the 'Famous' Mary Lou Barebone has to say this time.

A banner is held up behind them and Evelyn tries her best not to show any discomfort towards it, as it's a symbol of hands grasping a broken wand amongst flames.

Mary Lou goes on to talk to the crowd around her.

What catches Evelyn's eye however is not her work colleague Tina Goldstein who happens to be in the crowd too, mustard smeared on her lip as she hungrily eats a hot dog.

Nor is it the nervous man by the name of Jacob Kowalski who's holding onto a battered leather case so tightly that he might just break the handle. But it's the curious man with a dark blue coat, and even more curious leather case by his side.

He moves through the crowd and accidentally bumps into Goldstein but Evelyn isn't taking notice of this.. instead she notices the little claws that have appeared out of the edge of the curious man's case lid.

She  moves closer to the man until she comes to a halt at the sound of Mary Lou asking him "what has drawn him to her meeting today?" to which he looks startled to be put on the spot and takes a moment to answer.

"Oh I was just passing" he replies to her seemingly having no idea of what she or this meeting really is for.

Evelyn finds herself being pulled towards this man after hearing him speak, he's British and this makes her heart skip a beat at the though of her home she left behind.

This doesn't linger in Evelyn's mind for too long however, as she's most intrigued into whatever dangerous being he's hiding in his case, she's almost certain he's a wizard.

Suddenly the man looks down at his case before jolting forward through the crowd, Goldstein and Evelyn close behind. 

He hurriedly enters the city bank, clueless to the two girls still following closely behind him.

Evelyn follows Tina behind a pillar as she curiously looks around it watching the man sit in the waiting area next to the nervous man from before. 

"Suspicious looking guy" Tina says acknowledging Evelyn.

"Certain he's a wizard but a odd one I must say, could've sworn I saw claws coming out of his brief case" Evelyn replied and they both look towards him as he abruptly stands up as though chasing after something.

The girls eyes follow him as he darts back and forth between the crowds of people in the bank.

"Hey mister!" The nervous man shouts after the curious one but he doesn't hear.

"What do you reckon he's doing? If he doesn't stop he's going to cause a scene." Tina speaks quietly to Evelyn as they watch from behind the pillar.

"Reckon he's lost whatever it was that was crawling from his case" Evelyn replies curiously following every movement he takes with her dark green eyes.

The man is peering towards the bag of a lady who happens to be in the front of a line,

 "He's not stealing anything is he?" Tina asks aloud not expecting an answer. 

The sound of coins interrupt any other thoughts, they start spilling out causing them to divert their eyes to a bench where the noise came from.

"See look! Claws are gathering up that money there" Evelyn says pointing towards the bench as two girls move slightly closer trying their hardest to act natural.

Then things take an even more dramatic the nervous man calls after him again,

"Hey, Mr English guy! I think your egg is hatching." 

Tina and Evelyn both look at each other worry overlooking their faces.

"If there's animals in his trunk then the president will want to know, it's forbidden

Evelyn has started to walk closer and closer to the nervous man only to be pulled along with him across the bank towards the curious man, before they disapparate into a narrow stairwell.

The man looks at Evelyn as though wondering how she got caught up in this,  this thought however. doesn't linger long for the egg in the hands of the other man is hatching to reveal a blue snake looking bird.

Evelyn can't even think about the trouble this man will get into especially with someone such as Tina watching from where she left her, but Evelyn can't help but smile at the look the man holds on his face; it's one of pure bliss and happiness as the sight of the small creature.

"What is going on I was over there and..." The nervous man says in confusion and Evelyn takes a deep sigh in realisation that he is in fact a muggle has this man got no care for the laws of magic?

Evelyn and a puzzled muggle follow the man down the stairs to the basement of the bank. Once they reach the bottom the man opens his case before whispering to the creature to hop in and it does just this. Evelyn smiles again at the look of happiness that crossed the mans face, she's never seen someone so intrigued by these beasts before.

She laughs quietly to herself as he speaks into his case,

 "No. Everyone settle down, stay. Dougal don't make me come in there." He then looks up at her and smiles and if she hadn't been so intrigued by the case she would have noticed her heart flutter.

This moment however,  is interrupted by him chasing after another creature that has gotten into a chamber, he pulls out his wand saying "Alohomora" as Mr Bingley the bank manager enters.

"So you're gonna steal the money, huh Jacob?" Looking at the nervous man, now known as Jacob.

Bingly sounds an alarm and Evelyn panics just as the man is about to raise his wand, Evelyn beats him to it, 

"Pertrificus Totalus"

Bingly freezes up completely and hits the floor with a loud and most likely painful thud.

Jacobs state of shock has by far reached whole new levels, whilst the curious man just smiles briefly at her in surprise, before emptying the pouch of the small black creature and arguing with it in the most adorable way possible.