ix. Magnus

"Alexander Lightwood," I said, pure joy filling my voice, "You are extraordinary." He shrugged, a small smirk filling his face.

"I try," he winked at me, and God, did I absolutely love his eyes. I was quite sure that I had never seen anything as blue as them in my entire lifetime. And trust me, I did a lot of traveling.

"Club 49?" I ask him, squeezing his hand. He nods, and I lead him down the stairs.

"How did you even find parking?" he asks me as we exit the large, glass double doors in the front of the building. All around us were cars, even in the "NO PARKING" zones.

The honest, real reason I had found parking was because I had left my apartment before the mad rush for clubs and parked there. No, I didn't just wait for five hours, I did do something productive.

It's called napping in your backseat.

"I have my ways," I told him, as I led him towards my car. I opened the door for him, and he got inside. I made my way to the other side of the car and slid into the driver's seat. He gave me a small smile.

"Are you alright?" I asked. "You and Jace were fighting when I came, I'm sorry if I interrupted anything.." I trailed off, hoping he would tell me the cause of the argument. No matter how much it seemed that Alec liked me, I knew he was in love with Jace.

Against Jace, I stood no chance. And God, knowing that hurt.

Alec shook his head. "Actually, I'm glad you interrupted."

I smiled. "Oh, really?" I flirted.

"Yes," Alec nodded. "Very glad." We both sat in silent for a bit, our company keeping us warm. "So, where are we going again?"

"A club," I told him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him give me a skeptical look. "I know clubs aren't really your speed, Alexander, but trust me on this."

Another skeptical look.

"It'll be fun. I promise."

"Don't make me lose trust in you, Magnus," Alec grinned. "Even though I've only known you for, what? A month?" He trailed off. "Anyways," he said, shaking his head. "I do trust you, and you know how much I hate clubs."

The corner of my mouth turned upwards. "You trust me?" I asked.

Alec turned to me, cocking his head slightly. "Of course I do, Magnus," he said. "I'm kind of anti-social, so if I'm hanging out with you, trust me, it counts for something."

"Oh, Alexander," I sighed. "I don't think I've met anyone like you before."

He squinted his eyes. "Is that a good thing?"

"Believe me," I spoke, "That's a very good thing."

~~~~~

The pulsing music droned on in my ears as Alec grabbed my forearm. "It's crowded."

I smirked. "You, know, most clubs usually are at ten o'clock."

Alec rolled his eyes. "Wanna dance?" I asked his, gesturing to the dance floor where groups of people were so intertwined, it was hard to tell where one person stopped and the other one started.

"Uh," I don't think that's such a good idea," Alec tittered nervously. "You haven't seen me dance, and I think it'd be best if we kept it that way."

I laughed. "I'm sure it's not that bad," I told him as his arm left mine. "And anyways, as long as you keep looking like you do, I don't think your dancing skills will cause any problems.