6: Hiraeth

✩°。⋆*❀✿❀✿゚.*・。゚

"Is she awake?" I could barley make out a voice. It was calling me, and I knew it wasn't the only one. Low murmurs and whispers were the only thing that I could hear, I felt like I was in the air, flying above all.

'Can you hear me?' I wondered. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, and yet, my cries for help were mute. It felt like the nonexistent air in my lungs were being crushed, and with each struggle to move, it felt like the darkness was over taking me. I felt overwhelmed yet confused. I could finally die and yet deep inside I knew I didn't want to go out like that.

In my final battle against darkness, I was able to grasp my life back with my own hands, all I had to do was believe in myself; I was going to go back with my family. Or so I thought.

The bright lights under the ceilings, were the first things that blinded my view. I couldn't complain, I was ecstatic to simply have opened my eyes, and I regained my hearing sense once more. The beeps of the heart monitor beside me scared me, but my body felt worn out, that I didn't even have the strength to move. I simply stared straight ahead, absentmindedly. The squeaks and rushed footsteps increased around me, a nurse even shouted for an assistance. An unfamiliar face tottered inside, "How are you feeling?"

What? I stared into his eyes, which quickly trailed dow his white coat. He was a doctor. Instantly, I felt my blood rush through my veins in my body and an unforgettable and horrible realization occurred.

"My brother! Where is he?" My voice cracked. My throat felt dry and raspy.

It took hours for me to find out what happened. It took years to acknowledge it. And it took an eternity to accept it. 

The doctor hesitated for a moment, pity in his eyes as he glanced back at the other nurses, not knowing if he should speak. "I'm terribly sorry," he paused and closed his eyes, "but he passed away."

.
.
.

"LAXUS!"

Dammit. It felt like a boulder had been thrown on top of me, breaking me. It's been a while since I've had that reoccurring dream. I guess I can't really call it a dream anymore. I wish it were simply a nightmare, but I've acknowledged that it's reality. Maybe I'd smile more if it were still a nightmare. I shouldn't say that, I need to stop lying to myself. 

I've been broken long before that happened. 

xXx

"Hey Natsu!" I grinned at the figure strolling towards me. His smile was dangerously blinding, but I liked. 

He stopped, directly in front of me. His smile slid off his face, though it was still there, "I have some bad news."

I hate that. I'm tired of always hearing those words, "What is it?" I asked, trying to hide my anxiety.

He toyed around with his white scarf for a bit, "Today is the last day I'll be here, I-,"

My smile disappeared, and my lips parted slightly open, in disbelief. Was I, Lucy Heartfilia, going to lose a friend again?

"I'm very happy. I was able to make a friend, and I'm grateful that my dad was able to afford bringing me here."

I don't want to be rude, I don't want him to stop smiling. "But we'll still stay in contact right?"

"Of course! This is just the beginning, we're bound to have more adventures together. Just you wait Lucy..."

"What if I payed for you to continue staying here?" I bit my lip. I was being childish, in my mind if Natsu stayed here longer, then we could be together forever. I treasure Natsu, I don't ever want him to leave.

He gently and swiftly gave me a hug, "I appreciate your kindness, but I don't want you to think that I'm taking advantage of your money."

"No! I didn't mean to say-,"

He chuckled, ruffling my hair with his soft, tan hands, "I know you didn't, but I need to grow up. I'll be going to college soon."

I see, so do I, but I'm too scared to go.

"Hey Natsu?"

He tilted his head in a 'Hmm?' gesture.

"What if you had a home that you couldn't go back to? Or a home that never existed, and yet you miss it?" Why was I saying this? I guess because I've always wondered about it, but never had anyone to share my thoughts with.

He took my left hand in his right, leading me forwards, "Maybe you've been looking for it in the wrong places.''

✩°。⋆*❀✿❀✿゚.*・。゚

A/N:
I finally updated! :D