Assassin's Bride Chp9

Check out the song on the side, its one of my favs, by none other than the king of rap, Eminem: Monster. Picture of ALEXANDER on the side.

__________________________________________________

§•• I have never seen a greater monster or miracle in the world than myself §••

*Cloud*

Returning back home from my heavy and chancy mission in Venice. Mother had informed me about Faith, she had discovered it was not a usual accident, she had been petrified knowing someone was following her. I merely voiced my thoughts on visiting Faith which she had loved saying it was my obligation to make sure the woman who would provide me dominance and supremacy in the assassin world should be far from the reach of harm. Of course I couldn't deny mother her wish so I left the house disinclined.

The first thing that reached my ears was delicate steady heartbeats. It wasn't clear to me as to why I could hear them. The jutsu was always under my control but here standing just a door from Faith was another case. I could hear her heart, as if thumping inside my own chest like distant drums, so close that I could almost touch the strings that knot her heart together.

Just like the previous encounter the owner of the mysterious heart had been unspeaking. I couldn't be blamed and condemned for my gaze that stayed on Faith for a little longer than anticipated. There and then at the very sight of me, they had started beating rapidly causing a nonstop earthquake around me. It addled my brain beyond imagination. So far I did not have any theory on how her heart can traverse the boundaries of my tricks!

Driving back to home, accompanied by Alina and Mia, my thoughts lingered to what one of Alexander's men informed me back in Italy but at the same time I listened to the ladies, who chatted animatedly in the car. They were indeed trailing her, getting so close that the girl was actually injured. It was indubitable they were following Faith only because her name was chained with mine, they will not stop at any cost, and they will kill her if I do not kill them first.

I pretended to be abstracted as Mia discussed the woman my mother had chosen as my future wife, to be an assassin's bride. "Isn't she just lovely?" then slightly twisted in her seat to look back at Alina who sat behind me.

"I agree she has this aura around her, which is hard to neglect," Alina grinned, oblivious of my gaze on her in the rear view mirror.

"I hope the injury she has doesn't affect her much," Alina spoke sadly, trying to gain my attention. I chuckled in my brain at their endeavor of persuading me.

"Faith is too nice to be hurt. Am I not right Cloud?" Mia's voice brought me back, literally. I turned to look at her confused. "You weren't listening to what we were saying, were you?"

"Sorry ladies," I snickered.

"Oh you're just like your brother." she sighed. "Rory doesn't pay much heed either. Never mind that, as I was saying, don't you think Faith is a nice person?"

"Is she?" I replied her question with a question of my own.

"Yes she is, I have met her twice now and I believe she is sweet," Mia smiled, looking back at Alina for support. I looked in the rear view mirror to see her gazing at the passing buildings.

"Mai is absolutely right and I think it is the main reason Rosalina picked Faith," Alina looked up her eyes met mine in the rear view mirror. I tried to hide my smile at their lack of knowledge of the truth.

"I can never be sure what reasons my dear mother had,"

"We know you know everything," she rolled her eyes at me causing me to laugh at her reaction."If you did not know the reason, why did you come to visit her today?" Alina smirked. I looked at the road then back in the rear view mirror.