Chapter 13: Motive

"Welcome my Princes and Princess! Have a seat!" The owner was very thrilled as he wipes the chair and table with a clean cloth for us. "Dong! Serve the best teas and desserts for our gracious guest!" He ordered his clerk.

"Please." The 9th Prince gestured for his retainer to pull out the chair for me to sit and I thanked him.

"Oh Princess Yeon Hwa!" The 9th Prince exclaims happily and she walks in with a smile.

Oh right...I totally forgotten about the princess.

Prince Wang Yo's was surprised as well and he smiled happily at Yeon Hwa. One which I've never seen for the past few months in Goryeo. One which a man only shows when he sees a girl he's...

"Interested in." I whispered as a weird feeling started welling up in my chest.

I quickly shut my mouth and tried to stay calm at the new findings of this history I'm tangled in as Princess Yeonhwa greeted gracefully. "Greetings to the both of you. My apologies for not taking care of Princess Hara and for causing all of you distress."

"Join us Yeon Hwa ah." Wang Yo sounded very gentle and happy.

Princess Yeon Hwa stopped for a moment as she examines my face before speaking, "I think I would give it a pass seeing I have something to do."

Something to do? But I thought she said she had the entire day for me. And what's with that look?

As if he could read my mind, Prince Wang Yo voiced out my thoughts. "I thought you were granted the whole day to accompany Princess Hara to town by Queen Hwang Bo?"

I turned in awe to look at Prince Wang Yo as I wondered to myself how'd he knew what I wanted to say.

"Right, my Lady?" He smiled lovingly and I thought he had cramps on his face.

What's up with that fake smile? Did he have his medicine today? Or did he realised this is a good chance to apologise for the behaviour he did to me yesterday?

"R-right." I nodded dumbly at Princess Yeon Hwa. Honestly, I think if she was here with me, I wouldn't be that awkward with these two princes.

"Since Princess Hara wouldn't mind me being here, I shall stay for a while longer before heading back." She said thankfully and settled down for the seat opposite Prince Wang Yo.

Not long after, there were aromatic teas and delicious cakes on our table. I could not stop munching at honey cookie which was known as Yak Gwa. Princess Yeon Hwa chuckled at me as she teases lightly, "It seemed that Princess Hara has found a liking to this snack."

"I didn't know the snacks in Goryeo Dynasty are so yummy!" I said aloud and they all chuckled.

"If you like, I can ask for permission again to come here and eat." Princess Yeon Hwa said.

"Here, you could have mine." Prince Wang Yo kindly places his serving on to my plate and I swallowed my cookie as I look at him suspiciously.

He really is weird today...

"I could call in the chef to make delicious Yak Gwa for you in the palace if you want." He continued with a grin.

Not knowing how to respond, I look towards Princess Yeon Hwa and she was looking down with an uncomfortable and disturbing face.

Why is Princess Yeon Hwa acting so weird? Could it be she and Wang Yo have something between them that I don't know? Maybe they both really have feelings for one another? If so...aren't I interrupting by being here?