Chapter 14: The Murder Plan

It's been two days ever since the death of the old couple. The King was furious of Prince Wang Yo's actions and the Queen has been trying to please him to forgive Wang Yo recklessness.

Wang Yo POV
"How dare you make decisions for me!" The King bellowed.

I stood in the middle of all the Ministers in the court room as the King reprimands me. The Ministers of the Left all cringe at the loud voice and avoided eye contact with the King. I could feel the happiness of Ministers of the Right,  they are the Crown Prince's people.

I look towards the Queen, my Mother, as she stares at me apologetically. I have made her embarrassed.

How could the King shout at me in front of all the ministers? What face do I have left!

I felt an urge to clear my name and I lifted my head up in dignity as I explain to the King.

"I only did what I think was right as they were no longer of use to you, your majesty."

I don't understand why he has to be so furious. I don't think I am in any wrong for killing the people who no longer have any use for the palace.

"But still! You are a member of the royal family! How could you let the citizens of Goryeo see you murdering the family of your past wife!"

His words stings at my heart as I tried to control the tears in my eyes. I clenched my fists in anger as I was breathing heavily.

I need to calm down. I cannot let the efforts of the Queen go to waste. I have to speak wisely.

I took a deep breath as I let go of my pride. "I apologize for my wrong doings. Please forgive my incompetence."

"Hmm." The King sighs as he thinks of a solution to end this trial. "Well then, you shall be forgiven."

I looked up at the King gratefully and was just about to thank him when he continues,  "However, you are travel to Yongin and accompany the Crown Prince back to the palace."

"W-what?" I stuttered at the command.

Accompany the Crown Prince back? I have to protect the Crown Prince?

The Queen started to respond for me, "Your Majesty,  surely there are other people more suitable for the job? Plus, Prince Wang Yo's wife have been feeling down these few days. It's best for Prince Wang Yo to stay by the palace to take care of his wife."

The King was staring straight at me as he ignored the suggestion from the Queen. The King is challenging me...to test if I will ever betray him...

I bowed down to the King as I accept his offer. "Thank you for your graciousness."

I heard the Queen gasps and I knew I have angered her as I did not go with her plan.

After the court trial, I was to get prepared immediately to head to Yongin. The servants helped me in my mission outfit. I heard the hurried footsteps and immediately know the Queen has come to see me.

"My Queen." I bowed at her and attempted to smile.

"How foolish of you to anger the King! Look what you have brought yourself into! The plan would never go well this way!" The Queen was furious.

I know why she is so angry because she wanted me to be the future king. But now not only our plan to kill the crown prince failed, I have to protect him as well.

"I am sorry my Queen. But I have come out with a better plan. Wouldn't it be easier for me to kill him when I am just so close to him?" I grinned the moment the Queen smiled.

"Oh Wang Yo... You are indeed my son! How clever of you to think of that."

Anything to make my Queen happy. Anything to get to the throne.

//
Hara's POV

"Shouldn't you bid your farewell to Prince Wang Yo?" Court Lady Oh suggested after hearing the news that the 3rd Prince had to go somewhere far to bring the Crown Prince back.

I have visited her in her room as she was the only person who could ease my trouble after having to see a real blood pool.

"And what for?" I spat, not wanting to see a murderer off. He can go anywhere he want.

"Princess Hara..." Court Lady Oh sighs.

"There's no way I'm seeing him. How could he so easily shoots an arrow at the poor couple's head? Didn't you see the looks everybody in the palace is giving me?"

I'm the wife of a murderer!

"I understand your feelings but you should see the Prince off. What more the King has already forgiven him."

She's still pleading me to go?! Easier said than done! Gosh... I really don't understand the women in Goryeo!

"I am tired. I'm heading back to my room." I stood up and left the room as I hear Court Lady Oh sigh.

As I was walking across the huge pathway of the palace,  Prince Wang Yo and his troops were gathered by the entrance. 

Speaking of the devil...

I tried to look straight and continued my way back to my room when he called for me.

"My wife."

Oh please, don't make me puke.

I ignored his calling as I hurried my steps. One of the soldiers blocked my way and I glared at him.

Prince Wang Yo walked towards me,  the smell of the flower lingering to me again.

"I know you must be furious for my actions. I apologise." He said with a smile.

I glared at him in disbelief. Did he really think an apology would do?!

He grinned as he sneak his hands into his sleeve before pulling out a beautiful hair pin with a jewel butterfly on it.

My eyes grew wide as I saw the hair pin and my heart throbbed.

No! You must stick to your words! Don't be fooled!

"A merchant stopped by the other day and when I saw this, I thought of you. Here." He reached for my hand and surprisingly, I did not jerk his hand away.

He places the warm hair pin on my hand and grew closer to me until he could speak into my ears where only the both of us could hear.

All of the soldiers and servants turns away, too shy to watch.

"W-what are you trying to d-do?" I was nervous as hell.

"How dare you not stop when I call your name. You better behave while I'm gone or you would get it when I'm back."

The fuck? That's what he wants to warn me about? What could I possibly do while he's gone? Where did that romantic Prince gone to?

He pulls himself away from me and smirked as he walk off to the front. I clenched at the hair pin as I glare at his back.