Tom Riddle x reader ~ Shut Up

Requested by: trueluhv

Hope you like it!

-

You sat down at the lake with your friends. The days were filled with studying since the exams were coming up and you knew you were going to fail potions. You looked at your notes and sighed. Lilly and James... friends with a Slytherin. You liked them a lot. 

'Cheer up Y/N...' Lilly spoke.

'How can I cheer up if I'm definitely going to screw up my potions exam?! It's in a week.' You sighed.

'Still, shouldn't you at least enjoy the weather?' James asked.

'I am outside... is that also enjoying the weather?' You asked.

James sighed and looked at Lilly who rolled her eyes. You took these exams serious... sometimes to serious. You took your books everywhere... dinner, the lake, free periods... James and Lilly had a theory that you even took them to the toilet.

You couldn't help it. Your potions teacher hated you, you couldn't follow his fast talking and the notes and you made missed information. Lilly looked at James who nodded. Lilly grabbed your book.

'Hé! Stop it Lilly! I'm trying to study!' You hissed.

'Try to relax, you look like you can use it.' She sighed while closing your book and holding it tightly.

'Please guys... If I fail potions, I won't pass.' You sighed.

'Yes you will! It's one subject. You're being a bit hyperbolic.' He sighed.

'No because I'm also not good at DADA! So that's two, then you have history of magic which sucks and ancient rooms. The only thing I'm going to pass is muggle studies, because my parents are muggles!'

'Calm down Y/N. You also have Herbology.'

'Oh great I will pass two tests.' You sniffed.

'Don't get angry at us, we're only trying to help.' James sighed.

'Help me by taking my book away from me?'

James sighed and looked up at the sky completely ignoring you. Lilly and James liked you, but during the final weeks you were a pain. Lilly placed your book in the grass.

'I just wished you'd look at the bright side of things. We're almost in sixth year... then it's one more year and it will be over. I hope you will enjoy the time you have left in this year.' James spoke.

'Besides, you're one of the smartest people we know. You're to hard on yourself.'

'Is that because of Riddle?' James asked.

You shot him a look.

'Riddle? He's been my enemy ever since the first day. Why would I care about what he thinks of me?'

'Well... he's not going easy on you the past few weeks. He's really being a pain... more then normally.' James explained. 'I couldn't help but notice that he's annoying you more then ever.'

'And I couldn't care less... I hope he's happy with himself.' You sighed. 

You looked up and the sky. Maybe you could enjoy for a while.

Tom Riddle... The annoying idiot that always tried to ruin your day. Sometimes you could literally kill him. But you didn't... you didn't want to get expelled... or locked up in azkaban.

'Are you guys ready for your exams?' You asked.

'Kind of... just a bit more practicing.' Lilly sighed.