Ch•19- Connected

"Jessi, it was a dream"

         "I'm telling you, it was more than that. It's like God or... Odin or whoever is up there was telling me something"

"So, like a vision?"

"No, Vision didn't tell me about it, I had a dream about it"

        "I'm not saying that Vision told you about your dream. I'm asking you if it was a 'vision', a signal from the future? A sign."

          "Oh" I unhooked the seatbelt and let it retracted. It hit the wall on the side of the car and I reached for the door "well, I guess" my fingers curled around the handle. My Aunt Sharon sighed and shifted the car in to park.

          Today, I was in Romania. A few weeks ago, I had a dream where I was standing in the center of a plaza, a culture surrounded me but I couldn't quite figure out which one. The language was familiar but it wasn't my strongest tongue "just wait here, I'll be back"

          "Are you sure I can't go with you?" Sharon asked, lowering her head so she could see out the passenger side door. I placed a beanie on my head and slipped on sunglasses. I'm one of the most recognizable people in the whole world, so it would be bad to go out without any cover.

          At the moment, my Dad thinks my Aunt and I are touring the Appalachian Mountains. He thinks we're hiking in the mountain woods with cantinas and tents. We'd return home probably tomorrow or the day after. I decided not to tell him that I was here.

          "I'm sure" I assured quickly and shut the door. In my dream, Steve's friend Bucky Barnes was here. He stood in a crowd, his eyes locked with me. It was as if he was telling me that he was here. He wanted me to find him. I'm not so sure if it'll be like that in real life, but we'll find out won't we?

          Right now, I'm in downtown Bucharest, Romania. The language in my dream was Romanian. I never knew much about that country and the language, but I was acquainted with it.

          My Aunt stayed parked on the side of the street. This road was similar to the one in my dream. There was a crowd of people, it smelled like smoked food, gasoline and... dirty lemons? Smog filled the area around the tops of the buildings.

          I pulled my beanie tight on top of my head. Nobody recognized me as I strolled. I pulled out my phone "Friday?" I asked. She was our new AI since Jarvis is now in Vision. It's funny because Vision has Jarvis's voice, so whenever he speaks, all I hear is J.
"Anything new? Key word Winter Soldier, of James Buchanan Barnes"

"No new sightings ma'am"

         "Sweep all the cameras, wireless or not on the busiest streets in all of Bucharest. Use the facial recognition scan of the photo" a photo of Bucky from the 40's appeared on my phone screen. Friday scanned the image and started to search through every camera in the most populated parts of Bucharest. After a few minutes, her voice spoke again "what's up?"

"I believe I've found something"

"Ok"

          "Street light camera caught someone who matches to the photo, 83%" Friday pulled up the image on my phone. A man was walking in the corner. The photo was in black and white and he wore a hat over his head. But his hair came down to his shoulders. The face was blurred but recognizable. He walked in a crowd of others, so it was almost hard to catch. I tapped the screen.

"That's the one"

"It was taken three days ago"

          "Send me the coordinates" I waited till they popped up "now take me there por favor" the direction appeared on my map app. I started in that direction. Part of me wishes that my Aunt stuck around with the car so I could get there quicker. But also walking, feeling the wind on my face and seeing the sights of the city is worth it.