Chapter 17.5

Fragments

Chapter 17.5

BONUS POV : CODY

.

I couldn't stop myself from crying, from sobbing so loud my head hurt. Maybe I was making things worse, but I just couldn't stop myself. It hurt. It hurt even though it shouldn't. I was crying so loud and Will wasn't even cleaning his face. He was staring at the table in front of us, simply staring and it made me cry more because I knew he was hurting too.

"Cody" Aaron whispers, tears on his own face as he swallowed hard, blinking fast. He gripped my hand hard and I cried more, turning to press my face against Michael.

Then they are all silent until the door slams open and I see Viktor walk in, his face so angry... so angry and scared. "Where is he?" he snarls, "Where's my son?!" he roars angrily. I see Milo's mom behind him but she was also crying and I choke on my tears, pressing against Michael as he held me close.

Ollie was crying too, his face red as he gripped Peter's hand hard. He turns away to hold Peter and I hiccup a cry, hearing Dexter sit up, pale, "It was so fast" he chokes out, Aaron's dad walking in to grab his shoulder. Other wolves walked in and I don't know many, but I did know they were important.

"They just..." August shudders, rubbing his face while his fingers clenched tight.

"Where's my boy?!" Viktor snarls, taking a step and Michael sits up, rubbing my back.

"Someone took him" he says, Viktor turning to us. Michael shakes his head, "We tried to follow the car, but they clearly had this planned."

Then I look up when Gage walks in and I cry harder when he looks around, his beta Dennis beside him with other wolves. Viktor tensed up and spun to Gage, who crossed his arms. Aaron steps forward, "I called him" he says shakily. "Milo formed an alliance with them- we need them Viktor. If we want to find Milo, we need them. Now is definitely not the time to be fighting. We don't... we don't even know if he's alive" he chokes out.

Viktor tenses up and I hear his heart pound, "What the hell do you mean?" he growls.

It makes me cry even harder and I shake my head, hiccuping, "They hit him" I cry, choking as Michael held me closer. I look at Viktor as he turns to me and I sob again, "They hit him with a car" I choke out. "They hit him and then they took him! He wasn't moving!" I sob, turning to hide my face on Michael's shoulder.

I hear Viktor's heart panic and I clench Michael's shirt. "He's not... he can't be... he-"

"He's not" Will says and I look up because it was the first time he spoke since Milo was taken. He was sitting on a chair, looking at the table and he raises his head, his face almost blank, "He's not."

Milo's mom moves forward, crying a little, "You marked him" she chokes and clutches the table, "How is he? How's my baby?" she sobs.

Will turns away, "I don't know. I don't feel anything from him. I just know he's not dead."

She sinks against Viktor and I turn to Gage when he clears his throat, "You may not feel anything now because he must be unconscious. His mind isn't tuned with his body yet. As soon as he wakes up, if anything is wrong, ever, you will know."

Aaron rubs his face, "We have to find him. We have to find him now" he whispers weakly.

"We need to know exactly what happened" Gage says as he steps forward, looking at us, "We have to know how it all went through and who was there. How many wolves were there. Anything will help in finding him faster."

Aaron licks his lips before nodding slowly, "We were already in the car" he starts slowly, clenching his fist. "We were ready to leave when we realozed Will didn't have cell. Milo said it was his fault and offered to go get it. He... he got out and went back to the mall."

"Why didn't any of you go with him!" Viktor snarls.

"He told me not to let them" I choke out, sobbing against Michael.

Aaron exhales and his head suddenly raises as if he realized something. "I think he saw someone" he says and I hear his heart speed up. He turns to Viktor, "He wouldn't have turned unless something caught his attention. Before... before he was hit, Milo turned around. I think he saw someone and was going over there when-" he swallows, "when a car ran him over."

"They just kept going" Ollie whimpers from beside Peter. He rubs his face, "They didn't stop. I think they went faster when he was about to cross."

"By the time we got off another car pulled up and they took him" Aaron finishes thickly. "He... he looked so hurt" he shudders, closing his eyes.

"You keep saying they" Gage asks.

Aaron shakes his head, "I was focused on trying to get to my best friend instead of trying to look beneath a mask" he snarls.

"We-" Gage began but all eyes snap to Will. He sits upright all of a sudden, fingers gripping the table hard and I could see his claws digging on the wood. His chest heaved a little as he stared at the table hard, jaw clenched. "Will?" Gage questions. "What do you feel?"

Will shudders a little, fingers trembling against the table as he inhaled fast, "Hurts" he finally grunts, body shaking.

"What does?" Gage questions.

Will lets out a short breath, shaking his head, "Everything. Everything hurts."

He stands up, pushing from the table with another shake of his head, "Will-" Aaron began slowly.

Will curled his fist, "I can't-" his breathing hitches a little as he makes his way towards the door, "Something's happ-" his shoulders sagged and I had time to scream at him before he fell.

Then it was only panic after that.

.

1/2/17