Chapter 6

Hey readers,

Really short authors note but I just wanted to thank anyone that voted, reviewed, commented or messaged me to do with this story. I love each and every one of your amazing comments.

Anyway this chapter is still in Adrian’s Pov since I found I love writing in his point of view.

Read and Enjoy since I absolutely loved writing this chapter!

Lots of love

XXX

Chapter 6                         

As soon as I saw her fearful eyes start to droop I was running towards her, seeing how her breathing slowed dramatically as she passed out right in front of my eyes. It would only be a matter of time before her body forced her to shift back into her human form, I didn’t want her to do it in the snow.

“Adrian? What the hell is going on?” Paul asked as both him and Ryan phased back into human form, identical looks of shock and confusion on their faces as they stared at me in shock. It was obvious to me why, I was a grumpy and snappy alpha who lost his temper easily, and while they respected me and I treated them fairly it didn’t mean they had no fear for me. So seeing me fall to my knees and reaching out to run my fingers lightly through my mates matted fur had come as a great shock to them, hell we had come to kill her and yet now I was petting her.

“She’s my mate” I found myself whispering aloud as I gazed at her, my heart breaking as I took note that I could count each and every rib she had in her body due to her being so thin. What the hell had she been through? The wet snow had washed away any scent so she could have come from a pack but I couldn’t tell; but why would she risk her life to run across our territory in the bad state she was obviously in?

“Well shit” Ryan gaped in surprize, though both him and Paul were grinning widely until they took in the state of my girl. “What the hell happened to her?”

“I don’t know but we need to get her inside, call the pack doctor” I ordered as I easily picked up her light from, careful not to hurt her when I jolted her massive form to get a firm but soft hold on her. Even in wolf form she was way to light for what she should be; I didn’t even have to strain when I gathered her large form in my arms which wasn’t good news.

It may have looked slightly amusing if we were spotted by a human, how an apparent half-dressed boy of 18 was carrying a wolf that was roughly the same size as a horse with not effort at all. Yep, we looked quite the sight.

As my order ran out through the woods both Paul and Ryan immediately shifted and sprang into action as I gently jogged behind them with the mystery girl who was my mate in my arms, wishing I could go faster but I knew she was incredibly fragile right now, even in her wolf form.

Reaching the pack house I ignored the curious pack members who were staring wide eyed as I dodged past them and into the pack house, heading straight for my room as I did so. I knew they were frozen in shock; it isn’t everyday a temperamental alpha such as myself brought home a passed out female in wolf form with the intention of mating with her when I had gained her trust. Yep, definitely not what they would have expected when they woke up this morning.

Reaching my large room I kicked open the door before lying her down on my sheets, not caring that she was soaked through as my black sheets were immediately going damp. She was more than worth it, hell she was my everything and she didn’t even know it yet.

It didn’t take long for the pack doctor to come running up, the young woman gasping as she took note of the young wolf lying on my bed. I was thankful that she was a female, I wasn’t sure I could let a male near her when she was in such a weakened state.

“Oh my…” Lisa breathed as her eyes scanned over the matted white wolf, my fists clenched and my form stiff. She looked at me for permission to approach her and I quickly nodded, the faster she got to work the faster my mate would wake up and I could get to know her.

“We need to wait until she shifts back into her human form, shout me if she shows signs of phasing back I need some warm water” she stated in a soft but firm tone causing me to nod. Right then she could scream orders at me and I would follow them through without a second thought if it was to do with my mate’s health and safety, but it would be the only time. Knowing this I nodded, watching as she bounced to her feet before sprinting down the stairs, the sound of a tap turning on being brought to my attention.

As soon as she was gone I was at my mate’s side, my fingers lightly brushing her fur as it felt thin and wiry under my fingertips. What had my angel been through to come out like this? It clearly wasn’t good and I planned to find out as soon as she trusted me enough to tell me about herself, hopefully it would be sooner rather than later.

“Lisa!” I ordered when I felt her start to shimmer and shake under me, the realisation that she was about to phase causing my alpha order to rumbled through the house causing a number of pack mates to gasp. They much like Ryan and Paul knew not to approach, my room was on the top floor and they knew to avoid it at all costs. Hell, whenever I felt or heard them approach the floor growls rumbled in my chest, instantly causing them to freeze and scurry off like they should. I didn’t want them disturbing my mate, so they didn’t.

Holding open the door for Lisa when she came running in, warm water sloshing from the bowl in her hands as her hastiness caused my plush carpet to grow damp much like my sheets. She shot me an apologetic look but I waved it off, like I cared about some bloody carpet when my mate was in the state she was.

“You poor girl” I heard Lisa breath as my breath caught in my throat, my eyes glossing over and my hands clenching tightly into fists as my mate suddenly appeared in her human form as she laid on my sheets still unconscious. She was beautiful, but she was far from being what anyone would consider healthy.

She had thick raven coloured hair which was strangely the same colour as mine, her skin tone the usual tanned complexion but it was far from a healthy colour due to it being paler then it should have been. She had to be around the age of 16, maybe 17 so she was a few years younger than me but I wasn’t bothered. She was my angel, like age mattered and it wasn’t like it was illegal…

It was her body which had me shaking in rage though, she was practically a skeleton which had a thin layer of skin stretched over it. Her bones poked out at all angles, telling me that if she had a lot more meat on her bones she would be deliciously curvy. Her legs while thin were incredibly long, and while I would practically tower over her since I was taller than 6ft that again didn’t bother me. She would be mine to look after, to protect and I wouldn’t be taking my responsibly as her mate lightly.

Aw protective Adrian… Tell me what you think!