Chapter 3

The professors and the headmaster were unsure on whether or not Hailey- Elizabeth  should go back to classes

The professors and the headmaster were unsure on whether or not Hailey- Elizabeth should go back to classes. It was sort of like a debate, in Haile- Elizabeth's mind. She wanted to learn, especially before she was too old to attend Hogwarts,

but she was also lazy and wanted to stay in bed all day.

Of course, Elizabeth knew that only one of them could happen. It was sort of upsetting to her, because she knew that with the stress of schoolwork (even though magic was fun) would eventually pile up onto her and then she would have no time for rest.

It was sad that this is what education has come to.

But she decided that she should be glad, because she knew of people all around the world who had to wake up at 4:30 AM just to get ready in time to catch the bus, which she thought was absolutely stupid.

She was almost completely immersed in her thoughts when a knock on the Hospital Wing door pulled her out. Madam Pomfrey rushed to answer it, rolling her eyes discreetly when she saw who was at the door.

"Elizabeth, it's for you," she said.

(guys just so you know im probably going to be referring to hailey as elizabeth from now on until she reveals her actual name. i hope you dont get confused)

Elizabeth looked up and smiled slightly when she saw Remus.

"Hey, Rem," she said softly.

"Hey, Elizabeth," he smirked.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

"You know you can call me Hailey, as long as you don't say it too loudly."

Remus sighed.

"I still don't really know why you're taking such a big extent to keep your identity a secret."

She closed her eyes and let out a quiet groan.

"I'll tell you eventually, maybe. If I don't die first."

Remus' eyes widened and Elizabeth forced a laugh.

"I'm just joking Rem, don't worry," she lied.

Remus let out a breath of relief and glared at her.

"H-Elizabeth! You can't joke around like that!"

She forced another laugh.

"I know, Rem, I'm sorry."

He put his arms around her and hugged her, chuckling.

"It's okay, H-Elizabeth," he whispered.

The doors slammed open and Remus' eyes widened. He pulled away from her quickly and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. He glanced at her and she nodded, closing her eyes as she knew what was about to happen.

"Guys, this is H-Elizabeth. She's my... friend," Remus said firmly.

Elizabeth looked up in shock and confusion. She had clearly underestimated his character and integrity.

"She's a Slytherin," James sneered.

Remus rolled his eyes.

"A nice one, at that," he said.

James narrowed his eyes at Elizabeth and shook his head.

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"You can't keep talking to her."

"James, she's my friend, not yours. This isn't a big deal."

Sirius glanced at her.

"Yeah, James, do you remember my last name?"

"No," James said sarcastically.

Sirius groaned.

"I mean when you first met me, you sort of just befriended me because I was an outcast. Why is she different?"

"Because, Sirius, you were a Gryffindor. Unlike her."

"Well, James, we never could've known. What if I had been a Slytherin? Would you had not talked to me?"

"And that, my friend, is why you are such a hypocrite," Remus finished for him, standing up and angrily storming out of the Hospital Wing.

James sent a glare at Elizabeth and gestured for Sirius to follow. He seemed reluctant to do so but trailed after James, leaving Elizabeth alone in her bed.

She sighed and began to pull herself up, intending to follow after Remus.

"What do you think you are doing?" Madam Pomfrey asked as she walked out of her office, hands on hips.

"I'm going to find Remus," she said casually, pulling on a sweater over her white shirt.

Madam Pomfrey continued to protest as Elizabeth forced on her shoes and ran out of the Hospital Wing, ignoring Madam Pomfrey's yells.

Elizabeth turned a corner and almost ran into Remus. His eyes were slightly red and his cheeks had a pinker tint to them.

"Rem? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Hails, nothing. Absolutely nothing is wrong," he said bitterly, "besides the fact that my best friend hates you and distrusts you, you're actually dying, oh and did I mention that my best friend hates you?"

Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

"Yes, you mentioned it twice I think."

"Well, I'm going to say it again-"

"No! No, I get your point. But don't worry, Rem, I'll live. And your friend will come around eventually."

He sighed.

Elizabeth pulled him into a quick hug and then backed away quickly, a small blush coating her cheeks.

"Well, then, bye, I guess."

He smiled slightly.

"Bye," he said, walking away in the opposite direction as she did.

*~*~*

aNDDDD THATS THAT

YEAH NOT MUCH TO SAY SO

BYE