5| Jerk Between Us

5. Jerk Between Us

"Life is meant for good friends and great adventures."

•°•°•

"You are kidding me, right?" I asked.

"Nope," Jerk replied as if it was not a big deal, at least not to him.

"You can't be serious!"

"But I am."

"Are you serious? Cause I am really serious."

"I am serious."

"Brian! I can't possibly complete all your homework for the next ten days."

"But you have to. Ah...and also the homework I got on the days that I missed school."

"No. Please. Not homework. Give me something else to do. Not homework." I pleaded.

"You have to do that. Like I said, I want payback," He stood up, picking up his bag. "And it's not like it's that much of a work. Be thankful I didn't ask you for something worse, like being my maid for a month."

I glared at him. "And what if I don't do it?"

"I'm sure you won't like it."

"Hah! You can't do anything. I won't do it!"

I started to leave but he held me by my wrist.

"Oh, so do you want me to tell the whole school that you are my girlfriend and you slept with me yesterday? That would be cool. And I would be free of the girls that buzz around me all the time like bees."

"You're not my boyfriend! And I didn't sleep with you!" What? His girlfriend?! I never had a boyfriend and I will do everything to keep that record clean. And sleep with him?! I hate him!

"Only you and I will know that. But the whole school? Well, they'll think you are lying. That would be embarrassing, right?"

I glared at him.

"I don't think you want that. So do my homework."

"I hate you!" I shouted as he began to leave the class.

He turned around and smirked. "And I love that. By the way, same here," Then he said in a high pitched voice. "I hate you too," If I had a book in my hand right now, I would have thrown it at him. He laughed at me before walking out of the class.

This was so unfair! Didn't he get his payback that day itself? Wasn't saying sorry a million times, making me wait for him for half an hour and then giving him a ride home enough for a payback? Did he really have to add a ten day homework completion to that list plus completing homework of the days he remained absent?

~

At the cafeteria, I was sitting with Claire, sipping on my soda. I hadn't eaten anything as I was not hungry.

A few minutes later, Brian walked in. Behind him were Jake and Sam, his best friends. He rarely talked to anyone other than Jake and Sam.

Jake waved his hand in our direction and to my surprise, Claire waved back. The three boys went to get their food.

"Claire, you know Jake?" I questioned.

"Uh...yeah. he is in my English class. And he recently became my friend. I invited him to eat with us today."

"What? No! Is Brian coming too?"

"I think so. You know they don't ditch each other ever?" She said, shrugging.