4 | late night pains

JIMIN glanced at the clock that read 4:03 a.m in large red numbers. He sighed, and could faintly hear Jungkook's music playing from the other's headphones. Jungkook had fallen asleep a while ago after finishing an psychology essay that was due the next day. Jimin knew that the elder must be tired, and despite wanting to get up and do something -anything that would take his mind off of his twitching, he was afraid he'd wake the younger. Jungkook had work in the morning and a set of lessons right after, and Jimin didn't want to ruin any possible hours, minutes even, of sleep, so he laid as still as possible, staring at the ceiling of the boring dormitory.

They had yet to decorate, still using the school's administrated sheets, desks and walls boring and empty. They had made good use of their closests however, having finally finished unpacking all their clothing. Jungkook's desk had one item on it, a laptop, which was charging and sent small rays of green and orange dots into the dark room. Jimin's hand started acting up again, twitching and he thought nothing of it until his neck started. Pain shot through his back and up to his neck where it mostly resided, some of it traveling to his head. Jimin bit his lip, tongue assulted with the tang of metal as his lip bled and he attempted to muffle the ear splitting scream that escaped his lips into his pillow. Never before had he expeirence so much pain. He shoved the covers up and rushed to the bathroom that connect to their dorms, turning on the faucet, sobs leaving his lips and tears running down his cheeks as he shakily opened the medicine cabinet and rummaged through it. He knocked over tooshpaste, mouth wash and a bottle of Jungkook's cologne until his hand grasped the pain medication bottle. He popped open the lid and poured the pills out messily into the palm of his hand, taking two and shoving the rest back into their respected bottle.

He crumpled to the floor, pain now subsiding, head banging against the wall, and he silently cursed to himself when he heard the pitter patter of Jungkook's feet. A second later there was a knock on the door, "Jimin? Are you okay?"

"Y-yes!" Jimin gasped out, regaining his composure and standing, hurridly turning off the faucet and shoving things back into their places, "I-I'm fi-fine!"

"What are you doing in there?"

"O-oh, uh-" Jimin stuttered, "I-I fell."

"You fell? Are you okay? Do I need to get someone?"

"No! N-No tha-thats okay! I'll be ri-right out."  Jimin responded, rubbing his cheeks and straightened his clothing before he exited the bathroom in a rush, bumping into Jungkook.

"Woah!" Jungkook gasped, arms wrapping around Jimin's waist as they fell, elder landing on him and knocking the wind out of him.

"O-Oh my g-god I-I'm so so-sor-sorry!" Jimin muttered, getting off the elder, "I-It wa-was a-a-an accident, I-I swea-swear."

Jungkook observed how Jimin's stutter gets worse when he's nervous and chuckled softly, "It's fine, are you okay?"

"Y-yes, are y-you?" Jimin asked.

"I'm okay," Jungkook smiled.

Jimin blushed in embarrasment and looked down at the floor, "I-I'm so-sorry for wa-waking you up, and fo-for running in-into y-you."

"That's okay Jimin, I had to get up soon anyway, my shift starts early."

"O-oh." Jimin mumbled.

Jungkook stood up and held a hand out to Jimin, who took it after a moments of hesitation. When both boys were on their feet Jungkooks smiled, "I'm going to take a shower."

"O-okay." Jimin nodded, cursing mentally as hand twitched, deciding to shove it in his pocket.

Jungkook chuckled as he watched the older climb into bed. He grabbed is work uniform before entering the bathroom. Setting his things on the sink, he frowned and picked up a small white pill from the sink counter. He blinked before looking back out at Jimin through the crack in the door, who's back was to him. Jungkook shrugged and put the pill in the trash, deciding not to think much about it.