three

l o l a

"meet me by the willow tree behind the school after five - harry"

A little smile had found its way on my lips as I read over the small, wrinkled note left on my desk, Harry had slipped it there whilst I was distracted. He sat a few rows in front of me, his dark curls messy from the clouded weather casted over this morning, and his grey sweater hugged him warm in the cold classroom. I fold the note and place it in my pocket before turning back to my friend Mona again, who eyed me curiously.

"What was that?" She asks, her brown eyes held peculiarity as she looked between Harry and I.

"Nothing," I reply casually. "He's just helping me with some school work."

"Okay." She doesn't sound convinced, but we carry on our conversation.

I place my hand over the small note in my pocket, letting the soft paper rub against my skin in a soothing manner. It held more meaning to me than I wanted it to, but it called to me like a single light in a dark room that would lead me away from hurt. Maybe it was the gesture, writing me a simple note to direct the message, instead of the usual way teens communicated these days. Or maybe it was the thought of being with Harry again.

It was eighteen minutes past five when I walked to the infamous willow tree behind our school. Usually it was where students would skip class to smoke, or make out, or both. I used it sometimes – more so when I was younger, to visit when the world was too loud for me. The leaves crunched under my feet as I walked, catching Harry and his attention. He gleamed a wonderful smile at me as he sat in the tree on an extended branch, his hair waving slightly in the breeze.

"Can you climb up?" He asks sweetly and I nod my head.

I place my stuff on the ground with his, then extend my hands up to grip onto the branch Harry was perched on. I struggled slightly to pull myself up and as Harry notices he hesitantly grabs my hand to help pull me up, I attempt a 'thank you' as I position myself next to him causing him to chuckle. We settle in place and I admire the beautiful view in front of me – much preferring the one next to me though. The tops of the school buildings laid out in front of us, but the view of the mountains surrounding our town and the dimming sunshine casting on the day was what caught my attention.

"Why are we here?" I turn to Harry who smiled at me.

"To get inspired," He replies. "The sun is setting and I want you to admire the different colours the whole time, fine one that speaks to you the most."

"Okay." I smile.

As we sat there in silence, watching the sun slowly fade away, the colours of the sunset intrigued me. The lilac across the sky fading into orange and yellow tones that glowed over our town. The sky danced with colours of beauty and held certain meaning in every time across he image, like our universe was a piece of art hanging on the wall of our galaxy. We were merely just spots of colour that decorated the canvas, each colour holding certain meaning but coming together to form this beautiful universe that shined. My own universe held the colours of the ocean, sad and blue but ultimately my demise in love. But behind the blue was the emerald forest that grew over every sharp edge, a canvas of moss and leaves and trees, a beautiful sight it was to see.

"Lola?"

"Hmm...?"

The day had turned to dusk and the lights dimmed across our faces, cold burning down on my exposed skin. I was completely lost in thought, his presence soothing me from the dark.

"What do you see when you look at the sun setting?" He asked.

I think for a moment. "A galaxy of colours," I reply softly. "How about you?"

"Just... The shades of blue."

We stay silent, letting the comfortable air between us speak. It was then I felt at peace finally, like all the heavy lifting I was doing had been take off me and I felt lighter again. Like the window around us and the stars shining through the darkening sky, like Harry and his heart beating loudly and mine close behind trying to find his rhythm.

As I tire, I lay down on Harry, his lap providing a nice pillow for me. He stiffens as I do so, like I've scared him somehow but soon he relaxes, placing a hand in my shoulder and warming my cold skin. This was like home to me and I couldn't understand why, but as I listened to Harry breath and felt his warmth against my skin I felt like anything was possible and I was alive again.

***

h a r r y

This felt like the dreams I had every night, the images of her touching me in any way was like a vast reality I would never reach. But here I was, with the beautiful blue eyes girl laying in my lap as she breaths softly, her skin touching mine and her heart beating against me. I almost had to pinch myself to realise this wasn't my imagination, this was real and I never felt more alive.

Lola was special, she wasn't like any of the other girls I'd been with. Maybe it was aura or her beauty that captivated me, but I just felt this urgency to hold her and touch her and make her feel good, the way she deserves to feel. She was as unique and as beautiful as a snowflake, delicately coming down onto my skin and melting against my warmth.

I wanted to be with her, not have her, but just be with her.

"Lola?" I ask quietly.

"Mmm?" She hums against my leg.

I think for a moment, do I tell her? It may ruin my new found connection with her, the connection I've been aching for since I first laid my eyes on her. I decide against it, I needed more time.

"D-Did you want to start your project on Monday?" I ask with a sigh. Her body softens as if it were tense, and I feel the need to ask why.

"Sure," She replies softly. "I'll brainstorm this weekend."

"Okay."

Silence. We sat in the same position for what felt like an eternity, every time she wiggled my heart would leap out of my chest. I wanted so badly to run my fingers through her hair, touch her soft skin, and hold her closer to my body. But I didn't. And as we gathered our things later that evening, finally saying our goodbyes, the stars watching us with the moons shine glowing on her skin, I regretted not savouring the moment more.

"So I'll see you on Monday?" She smiles at me wonderfully, making me weak.

"Monday it is." I solute her before we turn and go our separate ways.

I ached to have her laying on my lap again, to feel her body against mine. As I walked home I pictured every moment I could get into my mine, remembering how she felt on me and how hard it was not to ask for more, to touch her more. As innocent as her gesture was, it felt like a huge leap for me and my progress with her. I kick a stone under my feet, silently cursing that Monday was a whole weekend away.

I wanted to see her, and soon.

***
authors note;

chapter three! woo! i'm really enjoying writing this story, and hope anyone who is reading enjoys it too. comments and votes are really appreciated. ty.
-A