Chapter 19

This chapter is dedicated to my friend Kaitlyn for being a great inspiration to a major part of the story, and for her continued enthusiasm! Thank you, Kaitlyn.

"Ok who's the bitch?" I questioned Rue, who was eating a salad because apparently she was vegetarian. Not a vegan. No. A vegetarian. Because apparently the two things are way different. A difference that I could not understand nor I ever will.

"It's Scarlet, captain of the cheerleading squad, and the most horrible person in the whole school, if not the whole world"

"More horrible than Rebecca Black's voice?"

"Dude that girl ruined Fridays for me. But yes more horrible than her."

"Who's horrible?" Said Lucas, who sat casually and joined the conversation like they haven't broken up.

"Scarlet" Rue grumbled.

"What does she want now?" he inquired.

"How does she know me?" I asked before she had time to answer Lucas.

"Dude everyone knows you. You're Zac's stepbrother! You're the stepbrother of the most popular kid at school. The captain of the football team might I add"

"So?" I protested. I didn't see a point for why I'm 'known' by everyone. I was still me. Awkward, shy, corn loving Evan. And the one who wanted to kiss his stepbrother senseless. Yeah I had to skip that part for now.

"You're what everyone is talking about in this whole cafeteria. I actually heard your name a few times on my way here!" Lucas was too animated.

"Are you sure you two just broke up?"

They looked at each other for a second and shrugged. "Yes" they both said.

"I'm even looking out for my next boyfriend. Or girlfriend I don't really care to be honest." She jabbered. "I have my eyes on one though"

"Is it Ash from biology?" Lucas recommended. I couldn't believe these two!

"No, a little older"

"Uh I give up" He quickly retreated.

"Mr. Cliff is a fine lad now dontcha think?"

"Oh dear God no" I yelped.

"Damn get it girl"

"Lucas what the actual fuck!?" I yelled.

"Oh, right" He started, "See I had a crush on him last year."

"Yeah it was really bad" Rue recalled.

"Oh my God guys! He's like 35!"

"He's actually 28, but he looks a little older, and a lot hotter" Rue licked her lips and I did not wanna know what she was thinking about.

"He does look hot for his age. One fine daddy" Lucas added.

I gave in and bumped my forehead on the table.

"Do you really think it's a wise decision to date a teacher, who's like 20 years older than you are?" I wasn't ready for her answer.

"Why not?" They both reprimanded. I was done with them.

"I give up. Can we go back to the main point?" they both looked at me blankly "SCARLET". Half of the cafeteria were looking at me whereas Scarlet was giving me death glares.

"Yeah what about her?" did it really matter who asked that?

"What did she mean by "I'm watching you" 

"Probably just false threats" Lucas shrugged it off and dug into his meal. He had sweet corn in his lunch and I tried not to look visibly at it. But secretly, I wanted every single niblet.