1.3

-POV Opal-

I didn't even take the time to look back, hell we didn't even know where we were going. This place had miles of sand dunes to explore.

That being said since it's a race I mine as well make it difficult.

I quickly turned my for wheeler around and drove right past Samm, I could tell he was confused. I then went straight for a dune.

I must have been going too fast because as soon as I got to the top of the dune I was in the air. The four-wheeler landed hard on the sand bellow and skidded in the sand. It was all just so nostalgic, the thrill of practically flying through the air.

I wasn't even sure what I was doing but I was riding everywhere. I wasn't even sure if Samm was still behind me.

After a while, I started to lose adrenaline running through me so I started to slow down. Finally, I stopped and took off my helmet. A solid minute later Samm finally pulled up to me.

He took off his helmet and said, "So much for a race, huh?"

I smiled, "Sorry, I may have gone a little ahead of myself."

"I guess you weren't joking when you said you used to ride when you were younger."

"What? Did you doubt me?"

"Slightly," he winked at me then put his helmet back on. Then he rode off, I followed behind.

We spent a good three hours riding before we rode back to return the four wheelers.

I took off my helmet and heard Samm laughing, "What?" I questioned.

"Your hair is a mess," he pointed at me.

"Says you, you look like you just woke up," it was kinda cute though.

He ran his fingers through his hair and hopped off the vehicle and walked into the building. I followed close behind. It was a different store keeper this time, we placed our keys on the counter and the guy took them.

"I say, we should go get some food," Samm said as we left.

"I agree, where though?"

"I was thinking about a burger joint, sound good?"

"Yeah," I swung myself into the passenger's seat of his car.

He got in the driver's seat, "you may wanna fix your hair though," he grinned.

I pulled down the sun flap and looked in the tiny mirror. He wasn't lying, my hair was in a ponytail, half of it was now out of the hair tie. It was frizzy and all over the place. I took all my hair out of the hair tie and started raking my fingers through my hair, attempting to get the knots out.

"Here," Samm said as he started to help get the knots out. Normally I wouldn't let other people touch my hair, but you'd have to pay me to go out in public with rustled hair.

Samm ran his fingers through my hair hitting a knot every now and then, once we got all the knots out I watched as Samm pulled long strands of my hair off his hand.

He smiled and said, "how does one have this much hair?"

"Don't ask me, I honestly want to cut it."

"Really why?" He started the car.

"Yeah, the last time it was cut was when I was like, five. What do you think?"

He looked over at me and ten back to the road, "I like it how it is honestly."

"Then I'll keep it long." I put it back into a ponytail.

The car soon pulled into the parking lot of a burger restaurant. While we ate, we talked about random things. Honestly, I was getting worried about Zelda, she hasn't texted me yet, and normally she can't go an hour without texting me.

"Where to go once were done?" I asked.

"Where do you want to go?"

"We should just drive and see where it takes us," I replied.

"Sounds good to me, you wanna drive now?"

"You mean now that I don't have to find my way home?"

He laughed, "Exactly."

"Then I'll drive."

"Can we leave the wreck less driving behind us for today?"

I smiled, "I can't promise anything."

We finished eating and Samm slid his keys to me, I took them and walked out to the car while he paid the bill. He came back out and got in the passenger's seat. I grinned and started the car.

I had no knowledge of what town we were in, so I just started driving. I don't know how long we drive for (with the occasional gas stop) but we drove for a while. Long enough that it was getting dark.

"We should find a place to crash for the night," Samm said.

"Next hotel we pass we'll stay there," I replied.

We pulled into a small motel parking lot. Not the nice place we wanted but I was honestly tired of driving.

"A room with two beds please," Samm asked the receptionist.

She smiled, "are you sure you don't want the honeymoon suite?"

Samm paused for a moment, "we're sure," he answered.

"Well I'm sorry, the only room we have available has one bed." She seemed like she wanted to set us up.

"We'll take it."

The lady handed him a key card, "second-floor room eighty-six," she blew a bubble and popped it.

Samm took the card and I followed behind him. We found the room and settled down inside. There were a couch and one large bed.

"You can have the bed, I'll take the couch." Samm dropped himself onto the couch.

"Alright, I'm going to go take a shower and get all the sand out of my hair." Without any reply, I walked to the bathroom and locked the door.

Upon taking off my clothing little grains of sand glittered the floor. This motel wasn't as shabby as it looked, the bathroom was as clean as a whistle.

I heard the TV turn on in the main room. I turned on the shower, the room quickly filled with steam.