A Crush Discovered (Sandor Clegane x fem!Lannister reader)

If someone had told you when you were younger that you would end up falling in love with Sandor Clegane, you would have laughed. Now? You would say they were right. You'd fallen head over heels in love with the gruff man. You couldn't help it. Killing was part of him, that was true, but there was another part that he rarely showed anyone. A part of him that was kind and caring. A part that you could see that no one else seemed to. Combine that with the fact that he only killed when necessary not just for fun, you had a recipe for love.

You didn't know if Sandor felt the same, but that didn't stop you from finding ways to spend time with him when your nephew didn't need him. You'd ask him to go riding with you or to join you in the garden so you would be "protected", anything to get time with him. Maybe then, he might fall in love with you too. You didn't expect your nephew to discover your little crush. Ever. But he did.

You were coming back from the garden with Sandor next to you. You were chatting away, just trying to get him to speak. He kept looking down at you with those deep brown eyes and you felt your face heat up. You opened your mouth to finally tell him how you felt when Joffrey rounded the corner. Seeing you alone with Sandor and the blush on your face was all Joffrey needed to confirm his suspicions.

He'd been in your chambers a few days before and found the evidence he needed. On a piece of parchment, you'd written down exactly what you'd planned on saying to Sandor. About how you felt about him and how it didn't matter if he felt the same. That you just needed him to know. After Joffrey read it, his lips had upturned into a smirk. He was going to use this.

"Nephew," you greeted Joffrey with a fake smile. You hated the boy, to be honest. He was a terrible king and an even more terrible person. He was cruel and sadistic and you wanted nothing more than to beat him about the head and shoulders. "Dog, run along. I wish to speak to my aunt alone." Sandor glanced at you and you nodded once, indicating you'd be fine. Sandor walked away and Joffrey turned to you. From inside his clothing, he pulled out the familiar piece of parchment. It was crumpled from being rolled and unrolled over and over again so you could study what you planned to say.

"Give it back, nephew. Now," you threatened. Joffrey simply scoffed. "Or what? I am the king! You cannot hurt me." You glared and crossed your arms over your chest. "Really? Are you certain of that? Return my property to me now, Joffrey." He unrolled the parchment and began reading it out loud in a booming voice. You snatched it away but he continued on. Apparently, Joffrey had read the confession enough times to memorize it.

The longer he went on, the warmer your face got. It seemed there was no stopping him, so you did the only thing you could think of. You slapped him across the face. Your Lannister temper had finally come to the surface. "That is enough, Joffrey. You may be the king, but you are still my nephew. I am still older than you are and you will show me respect or there are plenty more hits where that came from."

"I'm telling Mother!" Joffrey cried, holding his hand to his cheek. He turned and ran away from you. "Ya call that a threat?" a voice you knew all too well made you jump. Sandor had heard the ruckus between you and Joffrey. It caused him to return to where he left you. "Any truth to what he was sayin'?" You gazed up at him in shock. He'd heard. Your Lannister green eyes met his brown ones and you knew you wouldn't lie to him. It was simply too late.

"Yes," you whispered. There was absolutely silence between the two of you. You wanted nothing more than for the floor to open up and swallow you whole. You'd never been more embarrassed. However, you were a Lannister and as such, you were determined to stand your ground. You weren't going to run away from this. Finally, Sandor spoke.

"Yer the only Lannister I don't hate." That was all he said, but that's all you needed to hear. That was Sandor's way of saying he felt the same and you knew it by the way he was looking at you. You gave him a watery smile before getting up on tip-toe to kiss his scruff covered cheek. The instant your lips touched skin, you felt the blush appearing on his cheeks. You stepped away and giggled. Sandor cleared his throat and said, "Come on. We should get ya to yer chambers...you'll safe there." You nodded and let him lead you. You knew, from that moment on, Sandor would protect you with his life if necessary.

���8��t�Tl�