Chapter 17

I woke up to the sound of people talking. My eyes fluttered open and I found my self in a white room. I looked in the direction of the voices and I saw a nurse and a doctor talking.

"Um, where am I?" I asked in a raspy voice. They both looked at me and the doctor smiled. "Oh, good. You're up." He said while walking over to me with a clipboard in his hand.

"Miriam, get her a glass of water and tell Mr. Parker that Ms. Johnson is awake." He order the nurse. He looked back at me and started looking at his clipboard.

"Ms. Johnson, do you know why you're here?" He asked. I shook my head. "Well, yesterday you fainted at the school's cafeteria. Mr. Parker informed me that you weren't feeling well. You had a headache yesterday is that correct?"

It was then I realized I was in a hospital. I wasn't connected to any machines which brought relief to me. I was just on the bed and in the same clothes. The nurse came and brought me some water which I gulped down in a second.

"Yes." I said. I would be lying if I didn't say that I was scared. I didn't know if something was wrong with me or if I had to stay here for observation. The doctor started to check my pulse, check if I had a fever and scribbled all of it down in the clipboard.

"Well Ms. Johnson, it's nothing to be afraid. The headache was just a minor symptom of wanting heat." He said.

Heat?

What the hell is heat?

"What about all the pain that I felt throughout my body?" I asked.
"That's also a minor symptom of wanting heat." He says.

"I'm sorry, what exactly is heat?" I asked, he looked at me as if I was the most dumbest person on the world.

He stayed like that for a moment before responding me. "Heat, well, how can I explain this?" He said as he tapped his chin with his finger.

"Heat is he final step of claiming. The first step is finding your mate. The second is when he marks you, which is when he pulls out his wolf teeth and bites your neck. And the final step is when you and your mate, well, mate." He says a bit uncomfortable.

It's then I realize me and Adam haven't actually done it. And apparently the only way for me to not feel this horrible pain is if me and Adam mate.

Well this is going to be an awkward conversation.

"Do you wish to for me talk about this with Mr. Parker?" The doctor asked me but before I could answer him the door slammed open and three sets of eyes were looking at me with worried faces.

"Jesus, Riley, are you ok?" Ryan asked as he rushed over to me. "What happened to you?" Emma asked while rushing over to me too.

"How is she?" Adam asked the doctor. For a brief second he looked at me and back at Adam. "She's fine, make sure she gets some rest and she'll be good as new." The doctor said before walking out.

"I'm so glad you're ok." Adam said as he gave me a kiss on the forehead. Emma stood on one side of the bed while Adam and Ryan stood on the other side.

"What did the doctor say?" Asked Emma as she sat down beside me. "He said that I just needed some rest and that I would feel better." Of course, Adam didn't believe me, I glance at him and he was giving me a strange look while crossing his arms. Emma and Ryann believed it which was what I was going for.

I couldn't explain it to them because it would have been awkward. Yes, they are like family to me but talking to them about how me and Adam have to mate it's like a child asking her mom where do babies come from. Awkward.