-1-

The small waves lapped onto the shore, making the atmosphere even more calmer since you've arrived

The small waves lapped onto the shore, making the atmosphere even more calmer since you've arrived. A textbook was open in front of you, as well as some parchment, quill and ink. Your tie was discarded next to you, as well as your shoes. You were at peace as you studied. Hopefully you'll see the the giant squid lurking in the shallow waters. It would possibly even let you tickle its tentacles.

"Oh!"

The sudden outburst made you jump, and you turn around. Newton Scamander, or Newt, as people called him, was standing there awkwardly. He avoided eye contact as you close your textbook.

"I'm terribly sorry, am I in your spot?" You ask, quickly gathering your things. You're in the middle of slipping on your shoes when Newt says quickly, "Oh, no, I didn't mean for you-I mean, it's just that, I could just, possibly, sit nearby? I don't mean any trouble, it's just that I wanted to get a glimpse at the giant squid, it's supposed-"

"It's all right, really, you can sit by me," you interrupt before the poor boy would get a heart attack from talking too much. Newt, still avoiding eye contact, nods, and awkwardly sits down next to you. You take off your shoes once again and toss them besides you. Newt fidgets with his books, and when you open yours, he opens his own. This small act makes you giggle slightly.

After a couple of minutes of uncomfortable silence, you decided to break it.

"Mind telling me about the giant squid?" You ask. You knew that it was huge, and it sometimes let students pet it, but that's it. You wanted to know more.

"The giant squid?" Newt blinks, and his gorgeous eyes capture you in a small yet beautiful galaxy of wonder. He quickly diverts his eyes in a second, however.

"You can look at me," you blurt out. "I don't bite, like other creatures."

"Ah, um, I'll try," he stutters. "The giant squid, however, is often thought to be a cruel monster, but it actually just wants to be left alone. I was planning to see it today, if it shows up..."

"I was hoping the same," you admit, and Newt sends you one of those shy smiles of his. "Wait, is that it?" You ask, pointing to the huge shadow in the water. Newt straightens up and when he realizes it is, in fact, the giant squid, he jumps to his feet.

"Come on, Y/N!" He says, his shy demeanor now a excited, bubbly one. It made you laugh and run after him.

The squid looms in the water, slowly raising its tentacles to the surface. Newt calmly wades into the lake, and you squeak when the cold water hits your feet. But you were determined to follow Newt.

"Here," says Newt kindly, taking your hand and placing it on the tentacle. You shudder when you realize it's slimy, and Newt smiles at your reaction. "It's uncomfortable, isn't it?" He chuckles, and you smile at him. His eyes are so beautiful...

After the squid was done with silly student antics, it swam back under into the deep. You sit in the place you sat before with Newt.

"Thank you for showing me," you blush, and Newt nods and smiles. "Anytime," he says softly. You lean over and kiss his cheek, asking, "When is next time?"