IMAGINE: Meeting Kili

| IMAGINE for @Alinegreenleaf |

     The Dwarves crowd into your house, trying to protect themselves against your father, Beorn, who's transformed into a bear, as he tries to break into the house. You stare at the Dwarves in shock from the dining room. You were in the process of setting the table when they barged in. They don't even realize you're here. Once the Dwarves close the door, they all sigh with relief.

     "Hello." You say brightly. All of them let out a yelp and whirl around to face you. "Hi." You chuckle, slightly waving.

     The main Dwarf breaks through the small crowd. You presume him to be the notorious King Thorin. "Who are you?" He asks, his hand on his sword.

     You point to his sword. "You try to pull that on me and you'll be dead before you can strike." You state threateningly.

     "I'd like to see you try!" One very handsome brown haired Dwarf exclaims, wrenching out his sword.

     "Kili, no." Thorin says, putting his hand on Kili's chest, stopping him. Thorin looks at you. "We only want a place to stay for the night." He claims.

     You stare at him for a long moment and then nod. "All right, but you need to be gone by mid morning tomorrow." You state.

---

     As you make dinner, you feel a Dwarf's eyes on you. You turn around and see the handsome one, Kili. "Can I help you?" You ask, turning back to kneading bread.

     "What's your name?" Kili questions, venturing closer towards you.

     "Y/N." You answer, flashing him a smile.

     "Why are you at Beorn's house?" He asks.

     "Because I'm Beorn's daughter." You say.

     "Ohh." Kili says.

     You look at him and see a question lingering in his eyes. You let out a little laugh. "Yes, I'm a Skin Changer too." You say.

     "Really?" Kili asks, pulling himself up to sit on the counter next to you. You nod. "Are-are you mean like your father?" He asks.

     You stop kneading the dough and look at Kili. "My father isn't evil. He's just protecting this home and me. We're the only Skin Changers left. He's very protective of me, especially since I'm his daughter." You say.

     "Sorry. It's not that I have anything against him. But he was chasing us and I thought we were going to die." Kili explains.

     You smile. "He let you live. He could've killed you if he wanted to." You say.

     Kili stares at you strangely. "Thanks, that makes me all the more comfortable." He replies sarcastically. You both laugh.

---

      Kili and you stayed up the whole night, whispering lowly to each other. You kept catching his eye during dinner and for some reason, it made you happy. You've never felt this way towards a guy before—not like you've seen many of them anyways. In the early morning hours, your dad came home and admonished you on staying up so late talking with Kili. You thought Kili was going to hide under the table he was so scared.

     Now the Dwarves are on their way out. You can't help the biting fear that comes over you at the prospect of something happening to Kili.

     Kili makes his way over to your while everyone is mounting their horses. "Hey." He says softly.

     "Hey." You return.

     "Uh, Y/N..., I hope I see you again." He says.

     "I hope I see you again too." You reply, frowning.

     Kili slides his hands into yours and squeezes them. "I'll come back for you." He whispers. You nod, not trusting your own voice to speak.

      Kili stands on his tiptoes and quickly kisses your cheek. "I'll see you soon." He says.

     "Goodbye." You whisper, as he walks away, having a very bad feeling about this.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!